Windows 10: How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How to remove files in WindowsApps folder? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NoJudgering, Feb 17, 2020.

1. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have the file in windowsapps 53gb and I am so tired of trying to fix this. Please help.

:)

NoJudgering, Feb 17, 2020

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Feb 17, 2020
  4. S.cloris Win User

How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

1. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - remove files WindowsApps

2. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  3. How to delete windowsapps folder?

How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  4. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  5. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  6. Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory

Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory: I'm trying to free up some space on my drives, and I've run into a problem. In the MSIXVC folder in the WindowsApps directory, there's a 37.4 GB file named 8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE that I can't delete. I've given myself permissions, but when I try to delete the...
  7. How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?: Dear forum members, The system is a Dutch Windows 10 Pro. That sometimes makes following English procedures more difficult. The folder I would like to change stuff in is F:\WindowsApps. It is the location where Microsoft Store installed the game Age of Empires DE. I...
  8. How to move files to Windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move files to Windowsapps folder?: My friend gave his hard drive where is alot of xbox game pass games. my internet is so bad it takes days to download 1 decent game. when i try to move a folder to my windowsapps, it gives "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here". Why did microsoft have...
  9. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations: Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it. With this command Code: Remove-AppxPackage "FullPackageName" i can delete...
  10. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove apps from windowsapps list