Windows 10: How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook

Discus and support How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; There are numerous rubbish folders on Outlook email addresses including 3 RSS Feed folders, they take up a log of room and are just not required. I've... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bengie, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Bengie Win User

How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook

There are numerous rubbish folders on Outlook email addresses including 3 RSS Feed folders,
    they take up a log of room and are just not required.
    I've looked everywhere I can but even Microsoft (as usual) don't give an answer even though the
    questioner added at the bottom:
    "To be clear, I want to delete the folder, not the subscriptions (which I don't have any). "

And typical of MS they gave a link on how to remove the subscriptions.

I have a picture of what I mean. The Outlook email account is the top one and what I would like is
    as the account underneath which has 3 folders compared with 12 in Outlook.

How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook [​IMG]

Anyone any ideas please ?

Winver 1903
    365 2019

:)

Bengie, Dec 27, 2019

2. Support for hierarchical folders in Office 365

Interesting.

I set up a trial Office 365 account yesterday.

Indeed, nested folders can be set up within Office 365 online and in Outlook. On my Windows 7 Phone, however, if I choose the "show all folders" option, it DOES shos a list of all folders and displays the list hierarchically - if you sync a folder, then
    the contents seems to be retrieved and the list of synced folders shows only a flat list of folders. Good enough for me - my worry, was that lower-level nested folders would not be displayed or synced at all. It seems to work fine.

Let's hope that going forward to Mango will not remove this functionality.

Peter FBrown, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Support for hierarchical folders in Office 365

I currently use a Windows 7 phone together with OfficeSmallBusinessLive and I am currently evaluating a shift to Office 365.

One limitation that I face with OfficeSmallBusinessLive is that the list of folders that I create in Outlook (as my PC email client) can ONLY be a flat list of folders and not a hierachically organised or nested list, as I would be able to do with a full
    Microsoft Exchange server or previously with BPOS.

Two questions therefore:

- does Office 365 support hierarchically nested folders in mail?

- ditto for the Windows Phone?

Peter FBrown, Dec 27, 2019
  4. How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook

subfolders have disappeared in outlook on office 365

ok - so yes its a IMAP type account as its apple (.me) so the first bit I cant do.

When i follow your instructions to try and repair office 365, i can open up control panel as you suggest, but Microsoft Office 365 is not in the list of programs so i cant run a repair.

If I go to Settings, Apps, I can find Microsoft Office Desktop Apps in the list.

If I click on that and then Advanced Options there is a "repair" option, I have ran that - but it made no difference.

I have also then tried the "reset" option, this just completely removed outlook - which I can no longer see at all.....

I can see the subfolders if I go into mail rather than outlook - but I now have no other accounts - I will have to reset all my accounts up....

Why is outlook no longer working?

andrewmitchell7, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook

1. How to Remove Folders from Office 365 Outlook - Similar Threads - Remove Folders Office

2. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  3. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?: I want to check my spam folder to see if an email I am expecting was redirected there. Where is the junk or spam folder in office 365 outlook?...
  4. In office 365 in outlook where is the junk folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook Office 365: I can't get the visual basic editor to open in Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-office-365/8ccca054-a9e2-40f3-bf74-02a73c6d70a9
  6. Outlook 365 Folder Removed

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 Folder Removed: I am using Office 365 version 1911 build 12228-20364 on Windows 10 PRO 64bit version 1909 build 10363.535. This morning after sending out an e-mail I noticed that one of my folders in the in-box has disappeared. I tried to re-create the folder and the sub-folders but as soon...
  7. Outlook in Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook in Office 365: I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft...
  8. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  9. Office 365 Outlook how to disable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Outlook how to disable?: I have the above installed on my pc. I want to either uninstall it and leave the rest of office on there or I would like to be able to stop it over riding a preferred email client to sent emails. To override: I have looked in default apps. This is set for the correct email...
  10. Microsoft Office 365 Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Office 365 Outlook: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. After installing Office 365, I cannot find my "Contacts" in the Outlook address book. Looking for a solution. 31803

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting folders in office 365 outlook on phone