Windows 10: How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

Discus and support How to remove French CAFR keyboard config in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language. OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074. I have my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarathonMax, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM.

1. MarathonMax Win User

How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language.

OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074.

I have my keyboard layout as FRA CMS.

Sometimes (well often actually) Windows switches keyboard layout to FRA CAFR.

I do NOT have FRA CAFR installed in my control panel (Advanced Keyboard Settings). Just French CMS and English CMS.

How do I get rid of that damn CAFR keyboard layout ?????

Merci

:)

MarathonMax, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

3. trogne Win User
    canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

4. Sher Amo Win User

Cant turn on my on screen French Keyboard.

Hi Lisa,

To assist you with your concern regarding the on-screen French keyboard, we suggest that you perform a system restore.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was
    made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Thema:

1. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config - Similar Threads - remove French CAFR

2. Please french language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please french language: Please french language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/please-french-language/90582942-427e-46e6-a856-9aca6078467e
  3. How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard: Hi, I tried everything in my end and can't remove the English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard. [img] Region & Language does not show the English United States pack anywhere. [img] Powershell also does not show the English United States pack. [img] Does...
  4. How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to correctly display the French diacritic signs in .srt and .ssa in Windows 10?: I am translating movie subs using Subtitle Edit and Subtitle Workshop. But in the .srt and .ssa files, the French diacritic signs are not displayed correctly. Precisely, it's about four diacritic sign, é, ê, ï and ç. Whatever I do, manually replacing them, replacing them with...
  5. how to remove this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to remove this?: how to remove this? its make my pc freezing up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-remove-this/8b439070-13fb-4881-b753-f5eca9018e0b
  6. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...
  7. Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French): I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my desktop and my laptop....
  8. French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?: Hi, I have a laptop Asus R301L which means that I don't have a numeric keyboard and the keyboard is a German one. How can I type the French ç ? I can't use the ASCII code because I don't have a numeric keyboard and there is no shortcut on my keyboard. Any idea? Many...
  9. canadian french keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Support
    canadian french keyboard missing: Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then I restarted, and there was windows updates. Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the...
  10. Can't delete french keyboard input!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete french keyboard input!: For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar. Windows is in French and the...