Windows 10: How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

Discus and support How to remove French CAFR keyboard config in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language. OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074. I have my keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarathonMax, Nov 8, 2018.

1. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

I have my Surface Book 2 setup in English as the Windows and Office language.

OS Build 17134.376. MS Office Build 11001.20074.

I have my keyboard layout as FRA CMS.

Sometimes (well often actually) Windows switches keyboard layout to FRA CAFR.

I do NOT have FRA CAFR installed in my control panel (Advanced Keyboard Settings). Just French CMS and English CMS.

How do I get rid of that damn CAFR keyboard layout ?????

Merci

:)

MarathonMax, Nov 8, 2018
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, Nov 8, 2018
  3. trogne Win User
    canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

trogne, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

Cant turn on my on screen French Keyboard.

Hi Lisa,

To assist you with your concern regarding the on-screen French keyboard, we suggest that you perform a system restore.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was
    made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

How to remove French CAFR keyboard config

1. How to remove French CAFR keyboard config - Similar Threads - remove French CAFR

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  4. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  5. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  6. how to get a qwerty keyboard for french

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get a qwerty keyboard for french: how to get a qwerty keyboard for french language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-qwerty-keyboard-for-french/77ab5f9e-ce36-4427-82e6-a50870dab419
  7. removal of french accents on my english keyboard

removal of french accents on my english keyboard: I want to remove accents that appear on certain keys such as È https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-french-accents-on-my-english-keyboard/a30190db-2746-4523-9cb7-ac0c9142f923
  8. No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903: Hi, thank you for being here. At this point I just cannot work with my new PC, because of this keyboard is unavailable. I spend hours daily to type for my work. Previously in window 10, it uses to be many options: Canadian Multilingual CMS, French Canada FRA (both are the...
  9. Canada French Keyboard CAFR no more in new Windows 10 1903

Canada French Keyboard CAFR no more in new Windows 10 1903: I just got a new PC with preinstalled Windows 10 1903 I use the regular French Canada CAFR keyboard, like most people in Québec and Eastern Canada Is is listed in my other Windows 10 PC as CAFR. The accents and special symbols are differently placed, and all easily...
  10. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to get rid of ENG CAFR on the language bar?

2. cafr language on windows

3. windows cafr keyboard

4. how to remove french keyboard,
  5. how to get en/cafr language bar,
  6. trun french off keyboard,
  7. cafr keyboard,
  8. remove eng cafr option