Windows 10: How to remove Gmail app stuff?

Discus and support How to remove Gmail app stuff? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, May 13, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

How to remove Gmail app stuff?

A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system.

So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the Start menu. If I choose Uninstall from the context menu, I get the Control panel area to uninstall apps, but there's nothing about Gmail there, only Chrome.

How can I get rid of all of this Gmail thing from my system? TIA.

:)

Paultx, May 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, May 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to remove Gmail app stuff? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 13, 2019
  4. FrankS Win User

gmail problem

Thanks. Yup, I tried those. I never use the browser to save passwords - use Lastpass. It only has the incorrect password listed.
    According to gmail the password was changed 7 months ago.
    What is frustrating is that although I use two factor authentification & although the phone number is correct (I receive a text with the code) & the recovery email address is valid, gmail does not send me the reset email. I checked the spam list etc but no joy.
    As I say, the email is working - I receive mail to it & can send from it. It's working on both Desktop PC & tablet.
    Hey Ho, I'll just have to work round it, remove any accounts associated with it & eventually get rid.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

FrankS, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove Gmail app stuff? - Similar Threads - remove Gmail app

2. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?: i have this stuff on my search bar. why does it do this? i dont want it. sure its the french open but i dont care. why does it put a tennis racket on my search bar?...
  3. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?: i have this stuff on my search bar. why does it do this? i dont want it. sure its the french open but i dont care. why does it put a tennis racket on my search bar?...
  4. How do i remove this tennis racket stuff?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to remove gmail from my MS Mail App will the content in Gmail be impacted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove gmail from my MS Mail App will the content in Gmail be impacted: In the MS Mail app, I select Settings -->Manage Account --> Change Settings The option I want to select is Delete this account from this device. When I select this option, I get a message, "If you delete this account, all content associated with it will be removed from this...
  6. No Gmail on the latest MS Edge. Tried a lot of stuff.

in Browsers and Email
    No Gmail on the latest MS Edge. Tried a lot of stuff.: I get this message any time I try to run GMail on edge version 89. I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, allowed cookies, allowed mailgoogle.com, and played around with anything that smacks of permissions. funny thing is that all other Google stuff works, contacts, calendar,...
  7. Removing stuff from autoruns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing stuff from autoruns: is it safe to remove the atmfd.dll and smb1uninstalltask or whatever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-stuff-from-autoruns/2f93b8f9-34ca-4629-8faf-5e62ed1e192a
  8. How to remotely remove Windows access to Gmail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remotely remove Windows access to Gmail: Hi, how do I remove windows' access to my Gmail account without logging out of the account in the Windows mail app? Removing the devices access from my Google account does not log me out of my Gmail account on the device. Removing Windows access from the list of apps that...
  9. how to remove paused in gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove paused in gmail: how to remove paused in Gmail with microsoft 10 From another post: each time i have to reset my password after i closed gmail. and pauses showed. how can i remove paused. * Moved from IE (other)/Win 8.1...
  10. How to remove Gmail app stuff?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove Gmail app stuff?: A few weeks ago I created the Gmail offline app for testing purposes. I didn't like it, so I deleted whatever I could find about it, but I'm not sure it was really uninstalled or gone from my system. So much so that today I found this Google Chrome applications item on the...