Windows 10: How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

Discus and support How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackin, May 26, 2022.

1. jackin Win User

How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

:)

jackin, May 26, 2022
  2. mrc00l88 Win User

Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs

Hi, yes, appreciate the reply - that is the gist of what I am trying to accomplish - remove start menu entries, but retain application functionality in pulling the program up via Search.
    I am using C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

I did remove the folders of shortcuts from the Start Menu folder -- and place them in an 'Apps' folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Apps, which I indexed manually in the Search functionality, and it still didn't work. (Also tried indexing the entire C drive)

For example, if I remove the 'Power Shell' folder, and then search to use and pull up the Power Shell program, it appears in search results, but the application doesn't open. It even behaves this way if the 'Power Shell' folder remains in the Start Menu folder - isn't deleted - but just 'hidden'.

Have you tried this with success?

I am decluttering the Start Menu list, but would still like to pull up and use applications within the search that were removed from the Start Menu list via these folders. The rest of the Start Menu apps/programs in the list were uninstalled - the folders (Power Shell, Ease of Access, etc) Windows created seems to have a link thats broken when the shortcuts are moved?

Thank you

mrc00l88, May 26, 2022
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 26, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs

Hi, if for example I move a folder of shortcuts from
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Utilities
    to my Documents folder..

then before I do that I see

How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search [​IMG]

Then I move the folder for Filetypesman to..

and check it is no longer shown in the Start menu..
    when I search I see

- and it can be executed from there.

If you wish to modify the content of the Start menu, can I suggest you try installing Open Shell (free) - which many here use (replaces Classic Shell) and use that as an editor.

Drag 'n drop, delete, rt click open... makes it easy.

You can use both that and the Win 10 start menu, then uninstall it when finished.

I simply dragged the folder from Documents onto my Open Shell start menu and dropped it back. Easy.

dalchina, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search - Similar Threads - remove graphics shown

2. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search: How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-graphics-shown-in-windows-start-menu/f8f2f023-8094-471f-b0b5-692707c66b61
  3. How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search

in Cortana
    How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search: How to remove graphics shown in windows start menu search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-graphics-shown-in-windows-start-menu/f8f2f023-8094-471f-b0b5-692707c66b61
  4. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Cortana
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. Start Menu Search Graphics error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Graphics error: [ATTACH] 3 out of 10 times I try to search something there is this grey area blocking the results. sometimes the grey area is even larger blocking everything. I have all the updates installed. Can someone tell how to fix this ??...
  7. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search, is it possible to remove?: Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n97e/start_menu_search_is_it_possible_to_remove/
  8. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  9. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug: When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead. This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store....
  10. Problems with Taskbar, Start menu, search and Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Taskbar, Start menu, search and Graphics driver: Hey People i resently upgraded to windows 10 and so far i like the OS, but small things seems to bother me. First of all am I unable to right click my icons in the taskbar in order to get the menu of the given program to pop-up. Second thing is sort of similar,...