Windows 10: How to remove gray box above taskbar

Discus and support How to remove gray box above taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I suddenly have a gray box above the taskbar that I can't seem to remove. No clue what I did to make it appear and can't figure out how to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SLB88, May 15, 2020.

1. SLB88 Win User

How to remove gray box above taskbar

I suddenly have a gray box above the taskbar that I can't seem to remove. No clue what I did to make it appear and can't figure out how to get rid of it either! I've restarted the laptop and reinstalled Chrome - I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?

:)

SLB88, May 15, 2020

2. Gray Box

Hi Debbie,

We would like to know more information about your concern so we can better assist you.

• When did you start seeing the gray box on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 15, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 15, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to remove gray box above taskbar - Similar Threads - remove gray box

2. Barely noticeable gray bar above the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Barely noticeable gray bar above the taskbar: There was such a problem after installing Windows 11, it didn’t exist on 10, I rummaged through everything that was possible and did not find a solution to this issue, as far as I understand, this is not the case for everyone, because. I looked at screenshots of Win 11 on...
  3. Barely noticeable gray bar above the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Barely noticeable gray bar above the taskbar: There was such a problem after installing Windows 11, it didn’t exist on 10, I rummaged through everything that was possible and did not find a solution to this issue, as far as I understand, this is not the case for everyone, because. I looked at screenshots of Win 11 on...
  4. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files see screenshot I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it...
  5. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it meansThanksBernard...
  6. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it meansThanksBernard...
  7. start menu boxes gray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu boxes gray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/go_beavs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqcags/start_menu_boxes_gray/
  8. Remove popup showing thing open above taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove popup showing thing open above taskbar: Is there anyway of removing popup showing thing open above taskbar. For example When you have several pages open on say firefox it pops them up above taskbar. Dont know what its called & it wont screenshot 156780
  9. No check box in netplwiz 19035 and above

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No check box in netplwiz 19035 and above: For if you don't want a login screen in win10 After a CLEAN install with Win10 19035 or above, there is no checkbox in netplwiz 'Users must enter a user name and password'. After dozens of search's I couldn't find an answer for this, they are all outdated. So after a lot of...
  10. Gray box in middle of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gray box in middle of screen: I have a gray box in the middle of my screen, it looks like it has to with adjusteing the brightness. My cursor goeds underneath it and I cannot move it. It blocks the center of the screen. How do I get rid of it?...