Windows 10: How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

Discus and support How to remove history in address bar in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; . *Banghead Win 10 Pro build 18362. Having the worst time removing the 'history' of web addresses I have visited in edge. It has always been a thorn... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mega10user, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

*Banghead Win 10 Pro build 18362. Having the worst time removing the 'history' of web addresses I have visited in edge. It has always been a thorn in my side, and why I used IE-11 all this time since installing 10 (and updated it). Many many pages in IE-11 no longer work as websites stopped supporting it. So many things already tried, and failed. Disabled cortana, disabled search suggestions, disabled history (all using Group Policy Editor), tried a few more things but cannot remember all of them as this has been going on since upgrading 7 Ultimate.. I want to be able to type an address in the address bar (ie ebay.com) BUT it lists a number of other addresses I was at and before I know it I hit enter (old habits) and I go wherever that page was. Why is this data 'saved' in edge, can I get that crapola removed so when I type in the address bar I can just hit enter, and go where I want to? Thanks for any suggestions, am at a total 'pull-my-limited-hair-out' place and being already couped up indoors (CoVid19) am about to blow all my gaskets.. *Banghead

:)

mega10user, Mar 25, 2020

2. delete address bar history

-

Please do not ask this again as a new question.

You cannot completely "turn off" the Address Bar drop-down list.

This is the best you can do.

1. Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, uncheck Address Bar

2. Access websites from File> Open or Ctrl+o. Don't type URLs into the Address Bar

3. Create an InPrivate shortcut to IE and always use that shortcut to open IE.

Create the shortcut to IE and use this as the Target...

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -private

4. Internet Options> Browsing History> check Delete browsing history on exit. Go to Settings and verify that History is checked and Preserve favorites website data is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 25, 2020
  4. ddhutch Win User

How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

Windows 10 Address Bar History

Edge browser. Use to be able to go to file explorer and click on file then clear address bar history. But that has been removed.

ddhutch, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

1. How to remove history in address bar in Edge? - Similar Threads - remove history address

2. How to change address bar width in Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change address bar width in Edge?: [IMG] I have a major problem; Edge shrinks the address bar down to accommodate buttons for addons: https://preview.redd.it/2z6dd15z2du81.png?width=2562&format=png&auto=webp&s=f68e39b6e448ad2ca49fc8cb1023ae5ac32a8944 It makes it impossible to see the URL. I suppose I...
  3. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  5. How to re-enable address bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to re-enable address bar in Edge: Version 1903 OS Build 18362.533 Since yesterday I have been unable to type in the address bar or the Bing Search box. I can't even use copy/paste to get something in it. I found various suggestions of which I am using the link How to Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser in...
  6. How to get history button in top bar of Edge Beta ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get history button in top bar of Edge Beta ?: Good afternoon all, How do I get a history button in top bar of Edge Beta ? I had that in Edge, but it seems impossible in the newest Edge Beta. I am running Version 79.0.309.12 (Official build) beta (64-bit) 143913
  7. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  8. how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar: The address box just showed up and I don't care to have it. It is the address box on the bottom right of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-address-bar-in-the-windows/d816f1d0-e0d7-4d41-93ee-f35c837d39f8
  9. How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?: On Google Search, I found the following recent answer to "How do I clear my File Explorer address bar history?" … "To delete a single autosuggested URL, start typing the address as you normally would—Google.com in my example. Then, when the unwanted autocomplete suggestion...
  10. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...