Windows 10: How to remove infected files

Discus and support How to remove infected files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I used the Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer because my PC was not running smoothly. During the scanning... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ElizabethJaeger, Jun 23, 2019.

1. How to remove infected files

Recently I used the Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer because my PC was not running smoothly. During the scanning process, I noticed that 10 infected files were discovered by the scanning tool. However, after the process was completed, the report informed me that there was no threat in my PC. So why was there a conflict between what was reported during the scanning process and after the completion of scanning?

In fact, I always did a full scan on my computer with the inbuilt scanning feature on my Windows 10 Home version and also the security update. After completion each time, I was told that my PC was up-to-date and no action was needed. Despite this assurance, I am still concerned whether the 10 infected files are still lurking in my PC and also whether the scanning and security reports are not reliable (i.e. more of a ritual than an actual report).

I would appreciate help from the real technical experts who are well-versed in this problem.

Thank you!

:)

ElizabethJaeger, Jun 23, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Removal program (MSRT) doesn't remove Infected files

Bernie,

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool which tends to throw all kinds of errors and misinformation...

Suggestion to read these threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How to remove infected files

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

How to remove infected files

1. How to remove infected files - Similar Threads - remove infected files

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  3. Infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected files: Dear community, I was using the MSERT.exe to detect infected files. More than 60 infected files were detected, and that could explain some e-mails that I was receiving, accounts created, bills, etc. However, when the scan finishes, the message is as follows: “The scan...
  4. I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?

I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?: virus....ihave a virus that i dont know how it was downloaded but...drains all my ram...the odd thing is only when i have task manager opened it stops attacking my system...ihave task manager closed and drains my memory drastically...allready tried...
  5. FILES INFECTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FILES INFECTED: HiHow do i find these files and fix them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-infected/23742b57-e791-4323-ba8b-873c7f3eee3f
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.: Hello Microsoft Community, Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected. However at the long scan it ends with 0 files are found and none are repaired. Is there something wrong? I ran it again and it...
  7. Infected files

Infected files: All Drive were wiped and reformated. Windows 10 PRO reinstalled. Ran well for one day. Now Microsoft safety scanner findes 19 infected files, run the scanner and it finds one file that Malwareytes says is not a infected file, but a procces file it uses to suppress a Winsow...
  8. My laptop is infected with Y2MATE.COM - how to remove?

My laptop is infected with Y2MATE.COM - how to remove?: My laptop is infected with Y2MATE.COM. I have tried to run my Noton antiviruse program and also Microsoft Safety Scan. Neither one of these tools detect it or fix it. Searching the WEB I find several solutions and a lot of garbage about how to get rid of it. Most do a...
  9. How to find infected file in OneDrive

How to find infected file in OneDrive: OneDrive is constantly syncing an infected file, and Windows Defender is blocking then removing it, but the UI is bloody horrible, and you can't tell which file it is that's being blocked, you just get a long randomised stringname. Any suggestions?...
  10. Infected file

Infected file: I recently got a Trojan file and I ran it and then about 5 minutes after running the Trojan file, Microsoft Security Essentials detected it as a Trojan and put in the Quarantied items and then I quickly removed the Trojan file that was in the Quarantied items, so will it...