Windows 10: How to remove infected files

Discus and support How to remove infected files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I used the Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer because my PC was not running smoothly. During the scanning... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ElizabethJaeger, Jun 23, 2019.

1. How to remove infected files

Recently I used the Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer because my PC was not running smoothly. During the scanning process, I noticed that 10 infected files were discovered by the scanning tool. However, after the process was completed, the report informed me that there was no threat in my PC. So why was there a conflict between what was reported during the scanning process and after the completion of scanning?

In fact, I always did a full scan on my computer with the inbuilt scanning feature on my Windows 10 Home version and also the security update. After completion each time, I was told that my PC was up-to-date and no action was needed. Despite this assurance, I am still concerned whether the 10 infected files are still lurking in my PC and also whether the scanning and security reports are not reliable (i.e. more of a ritual than an actual report).

I would appreciate help from the real technical experts who are well-versed in this problem.

Thank you!

:)

ElizabethJaeger, Jun 23, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Removal program (MSRT) doesn't remove Infected files

Bernie,

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool which tends to throw all kinds of errors and misinformation...

Suggestion to read these threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How to remove infected files

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

How to remove infected files

1. How to remove infected files - Similar Threads - remove infected files

2. How to find infected file in OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find infected file in OneDrive: OneDrive is constantly syncing an infected file, and Windows Defender is blocking then removing it, but the UI is bloody horrible, and you can't tell which file it is that's being blocked, you just get a long randomised stringname. Any suggestions?...
  3. How to remove junk files?

How to remove junk files?: Hi, I had some lag on a game that I play and thanks to the community I was able to find out that it was memory related. We were also able to narrow it down to dell bloat ware and things like that. However nothing for removing bloatware seems to be helping, I'm also getting...
  4. Infected file

Infected file: I recently got a Trojan file and I ran it and then about 5 minutes after running the Trojan file, Microsoft Security Essentials detected it as a Trojan and put in the Quarantied items and then I quickly removed the Trojan file that was in the Quarantied items, so will it...
  5. Infected Zip Files?

Infected Zip Files?: I am able to open and run infected zip files without any warning by Windows Defender on Windows 10,while Kaspersky was alerted to that very same infected zip file as an alert showed up on screen and blocked any chance of opening it, and placed that infected file in...
  6. How to fix this? Mail.ru infection

How to fix this? Mail.ru infection: Hello guys, I downloaded Mail.ru virus and I removed it, but now always when I'm playing/doing something on my pc this thing pop up: [img] Can someone tell how to fix it? By the way sorry for my bad English. Thanks for answers! *Smile 76082
  7. How to remove network shared files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove network shared files?: My Windows 10 seems to share some files and i cannot figure out how to disable files sharing. I have 0 files in my Media player library, also, i have no other dlna sw installed that shares anything. How to remove these files from shared list? [img] Edit: I just...
  8. How to remove corrupted or readable file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove corrupted or readable file: Somehow my Visual Studio 2017 community installation has failed. A folder called Roslyn is corrupted or unreadable. I cannot delete it, even running CMD as an Admin. Reinstalling VS 2017 doesn't work because it needs that folder. SO...what to do? Thanks. RON 97893
  9. Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection: The Microsoft Security Response Team can move very quickly. The tech world exploded Thursday with the revelation that Lenovo had preinstalled an adware program called Superfish Visual Discovery on an unknown number of its consumer PCs, with the extra bonus of a local root...
  10. How to remove unwanted attchment files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted attchment files: Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but can't seem to find a way to remove unwanted attachments uploaded for posts. Any thoughts? *Rolleyes 6532