Windows 10: How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

Discus and support How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Using Windows 10 Home, and I had a software installed. Then, when I tried it out, I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now, it still appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mades, Jan 5, 2019.

1. mades Win User

How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

Using Using Windows 10 Home, and I had a software installed. Then, when I tried it out, I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now, it still appears in the context menu for some reason. I tried to see if I could remove it either manually via Windows, or using some tools like shell context menu and even glarysoft utility which has an option for context items. And yes, I rebooted the laptop already to no avail.

:)

mades, Jan 5, 2019

2. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with managing Start Context menu items on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu", are you referring to add or remove the contents present in Start Menu?

If you want to manage the apps which will appear in Start Menu, then you can pin or unpin any apps from the Start Menu.

Step 2: To add the icons of any apps in the Start Menu.

1. Click on Search Menu.

2. Then type the name of apps which you want to add in Start Menu.

3. Right click on the name of apps and click on Pin to Start.

Step 2: Try to unpin the apps which you don't want to display in Start Menu.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Right click on any apps icons in the Start Menu.

3. Then click on Unpin from Start.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 5, 2019
  4. How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

I would like to add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu. Does anyone have instructions on how to do this. (The other posts in the community for shell editors did not work.)

Crazy IT Dude, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

1. How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed) - Similar Threads - remove item Context

2. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  3. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  4. How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?: Disk Management has 'author' in its Context Menu. Google seems to be unaware of it, so cannot give me removal guidance. Registry has about twenty entries for Author, that also have 'context'. Any suggestions for removing 'author' ?...
  5. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  6. How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed): Using Using Windows 10 Home, and I had a software installed. Then, when I tried it out, I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now, it still appears in the context menu for some reason. I tried to see if I could remove it either manually via Windows, or using some tools...
  7. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  8. How do you remove items from a context menu?

How do you remove items from a context menu?: Some installed programs have inserted items on my context menu that appears when I right-click on e.g., a folder. How do I remove the unwanted items? [img] 65071
  9. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  10. remove the "Mount" context item

remove the "Mount" context item: anyone know how to remove the "Mount" context item? 30192