Windows 10: How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

Discus and support How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Despite a bit of careful Googling I can't seem to find a simple answer to this: How do I remove items form the right-click menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mingle, Aug 22, 2016.

1. mingle Win User

How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

Hi Guys,

Despite a bit of careful Googling I can't seem to find a simple answer to this:

How do I remove items form the right-click menu in Explorer?

For example (see the attached pic) I want to remove items like "Compressed Folder" and "Contact"

How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu? [​IMG]

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Windows Don't Refresh

Riccardo's suggestion worked for me. I checked the "Quick Access" section in the left-hand side tree in the explorer window. There was one item in there that was no longer valid. Even though this was a clean install, there was a "Documents" item there
    that was not pointing at anything valid. I removed it by right clicking on it and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". At least for the moment, the folder refresh issue is gone.

Matthew Humphrey, Aug 22, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 22, 2016
  4. How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

aliskander, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu?

1. How to remove items from Explorer right-click "New" menu? - Similar Threads - remove items Explorer

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. Where can I remove and add specific items from Right-Click->New menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I remove and add specific items from Right-Click->New menu?: My problem is that after I installed a language pack for my Office, the Word and Excel disappeared from this menu. Also, an extra Access item appeared, so I have two Access and a PowerPoint in that menu. Furthermore, the .docx files now has a regular .txt icon. I tried...
  5. instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu: Hi. New W10 and Reflect 7 free user. Since installation I have been searching for ways to remove the Macrium Reflect context entry. There is no such setting in the program which made me contact support who gave the following instruction: From elevated command prompt type...
  6. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  9. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...