Windows 10: How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to

Discus and support How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I moved some external hard drives from one computer to another on the same network. In File Explorer, the shared file folders are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nyx13, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Nyx13 Win User

How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to

Recently I moved some external hard drives from one computer to another on the same network.

In File Explorer, the shared file folders are still located on the Network. See Picture for details:

How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to 91180c43-c5a3-4383-a088-cfec960813ed?upload=true.png

"Matrix" is my computer that I am using that previously had these folders locally the external drives these folders are on were directly connected to my PC labeled Matrix. These items listed in File Explorer Animation, Comedy, etc. cannot be deleted or otherwise removed. They cannot be mapped as they no longer exist on this machine.

How do I remove these from appearing in File Explorer under the "Network" location?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort on my behalf.

:)

Nyx13, Oct 6, 2020
  2. ArmaRayo Win User

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to [​IMG]

thanks Denis, here is a clip of my file manager jump lists and when I right click on an item the resulting mini menu
    as you can see I can then normal click the top and Open the item of course.

barbershopjohn4, Oct 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

DaveM121, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to remove items in File Explorer that I no longer have access to - Similar Threads - remove items File

2. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  3. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  4. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  5. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  6. Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to: Hello, I used to have a Microsoft Office Account through my old job. In order to be able to access it as needed, I had added it as an account on my home PC for when I worked from home. However, I left his job at the beginning of the year, and the company obviously...
  7. How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?: So I've been getting this error/alert message for some time now which says there may be a problem with my accounts. So I click it and it takes me to the Email & accounts setting page. And under Accounts used by other apps, there is my Gmail account which is my primary MS...
  8. Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to: I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it. The problem is that I no longer attend that school. My previous...
  9. Removing account I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account I no longer have access to: I have a question regarding a work/school email address. I quit my job two days ago. Today, I was trying to remove that account from my Windows 10 mail app. Since my workplace removed my login access before I quit, I am not able to log in to my account to remove the account...
  10. How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?: In File Explorer on the far right corner of the screen you will find a white question mark in a small blue circle. What that icon does it launches a BING browser tab that is full on Windows 10 help links. In the most recent past I thought that Bing had installed a Bing Virus...