Windows 10: How to remove items in OPEN WITH

Discus and support How to remove items in OPEN WITH in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i right click on a HTML file then select open with it lists things like google chrome,Microsoft edge but also some bizarre things like Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sea skimmer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. How to remove items in OPEN WITH

When i right click on a HTML file then select open with it lists things like google chrome,Microsoft edge but also some bizarre things like Microsoft jigsaw. I notice also that when i right click on different files different things will appear in the open with menu.
    My question is how do i remove some of these items from the list or is it going to be a lengthily search through the registry (not that i mind editing the registry) its just i don't want to spend forever in there to remove a couple of things.

thank you.

:)

sea skimmer, Jan 30, 2017

2. How to remove quarantined items in Windows Defender?

Hi leslieweger,

search and open "Windows Defender", click "History"-->"Quarantined items" and review each item, and then for each, click
    Remove or Restore. If you want to remove all quarantined items from your computer, click
    Remove All. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I hope it was helpful.

Cheers!

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Jan 30, 2017
  3. How to remove quarantined items in Windows Defender?

How do I remove quarantined items from defender?

leslieweger, Jan 30, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

How to remove items in OPEN WITH

topgundcp, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Yes i saw this on another website and while i followed the instructions given ,the entry that i wanted to remove was not listed. I was wonder because it was something to do with Microsoft it was being difficult not to be listed.Strange as notepad was in the list but the Microsoft jigsaw was not.

sea skimmer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to remove items in OPEN WITH

1. How to remove items in OPEN WITH - Similar Threads - remove items OPEN

2. Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox): After an attempt a few months ago, I jumped back to Firefox and then immediately remembered what prevented me from staying before. It is now showing in my context menu under 'Open With...' for PDFs. I use two programs to open PDFs, the secondary also starting with 'F,' so...
  3. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items: I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know...
  4. Open with context menu – remove Visual Studio items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open with context menu – remove Visual Studio items: I want to remove Visual Studio options of open with context menu for .xml and.html file types but under registry keys HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\OpenWithProgids HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.xml\OpenWithProgids HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xmlfile are no relevant...
  5. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? E1: Ok found it, i guess...
  6. Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove item from "Open with..." list (Not the FileExt registry): I have an app in the "Open with..." list that is not in the location everyone on the internet is pointing to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\) What are other places that the key could be hidden ? 135231
  7. how to remove false item in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove false item in network folder: There is a computer listed in my network folder that does not belong to me and I have searched everywhere for how to remove it with no luck and tons of frustration. I have managed was to be able to rename the ghost computer. Any help would be appreciated. A simple solution...
  8. How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove items in the "Open With" list?: I just received my new Laptop/Tablet with Windows 10. I'm not really liking Windows 10 at this point. Anyway I've been installing my programs for a couple of days and downloaded one that auto defaulted to opening in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is the wrong program...
  9. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  10. Remove Items in Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove Items in Startup: It's easy to disable items in the Startup tab of the Task Manager, but how do I remove the item from the list altogether? [img] I would like to remove SWFTP and the Realtek audio manager from the list. I already searched everywhere in the forum. I have done it in...