Windows 10: How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC

Discus and support How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I accidentally install some junk program. I have uninstall that program use Revo uninstaller, clean registry but there is still a junk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sovietcccp, Oct 31, 2020.

1. How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC

/u/Sovietcccp, Oct 31, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC

How to remove unused bluetooth phones from devices and drives in This Pc in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Click on the ‘Start Button’.
    • In the search box, type ‘Devices and Printers and press
      enter.
    • Now select the device which you want to remove.
    • Once you select the device on the top of the page you'll get an option 'Remove the Device'. Click on that.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC

1. How to remove junk shortcut from device and drive in this PC - Similar Threads - remove junk shortcut

2. How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer: These seem redundant to have these displayed next to each other. I always use the left hand column instead. Why click "> Folder" when the contents are already displayed? Is there a way to remove/hide these from the file explorer main panel? 181055
  3. How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove sender from Junk in Outlook.com: I have one sender, Dell community forum notifications, that I can't get outlook.com to send to my Inbox. I've added the address to safe senders (see screenshot below) and when I get one I mark it as not junk (and its moved to inbox). But I can't get outlook.com to "learn"...
  4. How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives": I use citrix workspace and once I logged into my windows 10 PC, it created a drive option here mapped to my local machine outside citrix. This doesn't work anymore as I disabled permissions for read/write. But this option is still showing and throws an error if I open it. How...
  5. How to remove shortcuts PCs from This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove shortcuts PCs from This PC?: Hi, would anyone know how to remove these icons from This PC? I turn to the English-speaking community because the Czech one is very small. [ATTACH]...
  6. How to remove unwanted phone devices from "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove unwanted phone devices from "This PC"?: Please help me how to remove these "Yellow" marked devices from "This PC". Note : My original Windows version is Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then currently having Windows 10. So most of these devices were installed while having previous versions of...
  7. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  8. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  9. How to remove junk files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove junk files?: Hi, I had some lag on a game that I play and thanks to the community I was able to find out that it was memory related. We were also able to narrow it down to dell bloat ware and things like that. However nothing for removing bloatware seems to be helping, I'm also getting...
  10. How do I remove items from the "Devices and drives" tab of "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove items from the "Devices and drives" tab of "This PC"?: I successfully followed a tutorial on how to add a system folder to Windows Explorer's navigation tree under "This PC" in order to add a Games folder similar to Windows 7. The only problem with the method used was that it ends up with the same shortcut under the "Devices and...