Windows 10: How to remove keyboard language from settings

Discus and support How to remove keyboard language from settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, During the initial setup of my laptop, I accidentally picked "Afrikaans" as one of my keyboard languages, but hadn't have the opportunity to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Dec 15, 2020.

1. How to remove keyboard language from settings

Hi,

During the initial setup of my laptop, I accidentally picked "Afrikaans" as one of my keyboard languages, but hadn't have the opportunity to get back to the setting and remove it. Now that I have set up my laptop, I cannot seem to find an option to remove it!

I use American English and Traditional Chinese primarily, and want to remove the Afrikaans language from my input switcher see bottom right corner

As seen in the picture below, the "Afrikaans" language does not show up in the language settings.

I have tried some methods on this site but none seems to work, including clicking "options" under "English United States"

How to remove keyboard language from settings cf1cac14-2729-4b6c-87b7-c2bd4f750a3a?upload=true.png

:)

Windows Category - All, Dec 15, 2020

2. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Dec 15, 2020
  4. ryloth Win User

How to remove keyboard language from settings

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

How to remove keyboard language from settings [​IMG]

ryloth, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

How to remove keyboard language from settings

1. How to remove keyboard language from settings - Similar Threads - remove keyboard language

2. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  3. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  4. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  6. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  7. Remove Keyboard Language Settings

Remove Keyboard Language Settings: In my language settings I've downloaded two packages: Hungarian and English.Both packages have been activated with only one single keyboard settings.My problem is the quick keyboard language selectors. At the moment I have 5 options instead of 2 from above. Quick keyboard...
  8. How to remove BosnianCilrilic keyboard from Language Bar

How to remove BosnianCilrilic keyboard from Language Bar: I am not able to remove BosnianCilrilic keyboard because I didn't see it in the Setting panel. When I remove in full the Bulgarian Language this keyboard is still there. [ATTACH]...
  9. Removing a language from keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing a language from keyboard: [img] I got my new laptop and accidentally added an English-German keyboard on setup. How do I remove it? Thanks 148964
  10. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings: [img] [img] Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ? 138451