Windows 10: How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows?

Discus and support How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see people complain on the issue from 2016, now we at the end of 2019 and the problem still there. Windows keeps adding unwanted keyboard layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Сергій Кузнєцов, Nov 21, 2019.

1. How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows?

I see people complain on the issue from 2016, now we at the end of 2019 and the problem still there.

Windows keeps adding unwanted keyboard layout with no way to remove it. I have 2 Ukrainian keyboard layouts:

How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows? dc76340a-4083-4cb7-b197-8b117839fecc?upload=true.png

but can remove only CBK keyboard layout

How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows? 0faa94fc-fdc3-4027-854f-61025b21a88e?upload=true.png

How can I remove unwanted UKRE keyboard layout?

I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

:)

Сергій Кузнєцов, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 21, 2019
  3. how to remove keyboard layout on Windows 10?

Hi Eric,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Country & Region settings not enabling you to delete the keyboard language set on the PC.
    • Not choosing appropriate default keyboard layout.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you try removing the keyboard layouts from Settings page?
    • If yes, does the issue persists even after removing the keyboard layout?

By removing the Keyboard layout from system Settings page, the language will be removed from the PC. However, if needed, you can download the same from system
    Settings page and check if the changes made are effective.

You can remove the keyboard layout either from system Settings page or
    Control panel. Follow either of the steps below to remove the keyboard layout and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: System Settings window.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    • Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Control panel.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Click on View by option located at the top right corner of the window and select
      Large icons from the dropdown bar.
    • From the panel, click on Language.
    • Under Change your language preferences click on the keyboard layout to remove and click on the
      Remove button which will now be available to use.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the keyboard layout language removed from the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows?

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows?

1. How to remove keyboard layout added by Windows? - Similar Threads - remove keyboard layout

2. How to remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove keyboard layout: How can I remove the second layout for the Ukrainian keyboard? It is wrong and includes symbols which are not related to the Ukrainian language. In Settings, only correct layout is listed, but in the selector there are 2 options and the wrong one is always selected by...
  3. How to remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove keyboard layout: How can I remove the second layout for the Ukrainian keyboard? It is wrong and includes symbols which are not related to the Ukrainian language. In Settings, only correct layout is listed, but in the selector there are 2 options and the wrong one is always selected by...
  4. How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  5. How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language

How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  6. windows keeps adding keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps adding keyboard layouts: How do I stop this from happening? I just want to have "eng us international" and "eng us", how do i permanently remove the other ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-adding-keyboard-layouts/c3e0ee75-082d-4ef9-a766-dfcdea8fdfc8
  7. How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?: When I set my keyboard layout during my reset PC process, the windows configure it wrong, because I wanted in Portuguese, but it set to Afrikaans layout for some reason, the worst is I can't exclude this layout, because doesn't appear on settings nor language list, someone...
  8. How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?

How to remove keyboard layout that only "appears" on keyboard layout?: When I set my keyboard layout during my reset PC process, the windows configure it wrong, because I wanted in Portuguese, but it set to Afrikaans layout for some reason, the worst is I can't exclude this layout, because doesn't appear on settings nor language list, someone...
  9. Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10: Hi, this morning using the Keyboard Layout Creator I've created a custom keyboard layout for the Neapolitan Language Napulitano, since the standard Italian keyboard doesn't have circumflexed a, e, o, i and also the acute i and the acute o, but when I switch for the available...
  10. Spontaneously added keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spontaneously added keyboard layout.: Good day, people! I have an annoying issue with odd keyboard layout "ru-KK" being added by itself spontaneously. My computer is in the international domain, but seems some "intelligent" windows service decides every time to add local language keyboard layout...