Windows 10: How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

Discus and support How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A. Gopi, Mar 6, 2019.

1. A. Gopi Win User

How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? 1c9807aa-d51e-4eff-aef5-2055fd9d4954?upload=true.jpg

:)

A. Gopi, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

Kari, Mar 6, 2019
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 6, 2019
  4. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar?

Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove label from the pinned icon/app on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - remove label pinned

2. How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove labels from the icons in the taskbar.: Using Windows 10 Somehow, I don't remember how or where, I must have told Windows 10 that I wanted labels to appear next to some of the icons in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I have searched Windows Help for various options with the words "labels" and "taskbar"...
  3. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  4. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  5. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  6. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  7. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  8. Labels on Taskbar Icons

Labels on Taskbar Icons: I've accidently changed something that now gives a description for those icons / windows which are open - [ATTACH] How do I get rid of them? TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/labels-on-taskbar-icons/6a4ac344-0405-42dc-85d5-f4c0bbdeda3b
  9. How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.

How I remove the pinned app from the taskbar when I already remove the app.: Hi! I already remove the app but I forgot to unpin the app before I remove it. So after remove, the pinned app icon turns to a white paper icon as the image below and cannot unpin it anyway. [ATTACH] My question is how I do remove this icon out from my taskbar? It's...
  10. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554