Windows 10: How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

Discus and support How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ? 138451 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikinik, Aug 13, 2019.

1. nikinik Win User

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings [​IMG]

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings [​IMG]

Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ?

:)

nikinik, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Languages bar on taskbar not same with Languages setting

Hi Tom,

To assist you better regarding your concern, may we know if you have tried removing the said language from the
    Language preferences settings and Language settings from
    Control panel? If not, kindly do so by following the steps below:

• Type in the word "Language" without the quotation from the Windows search bar.
    • Choose Language preferences.
    • Choose Language settings from Control
      panel

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings f44daccc-7a00-425f-aeab-dab0bf0ca789.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

1. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings - Similar Threads - remove language language

2. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  3. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  4. Can't remove language from language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  5. Can't remove language from language bar

Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  6. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  7. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  8. Removing language from Windows 11 language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing language from Windows 11 language bar: Hi. Recently moved to Windows 11. So far had no issues with it, except with language bar. I removed one of the languages I'm not using frequently, but after restart it showed up again. I checked keyboard settings and its absent from there, but still showing up in my language...
  9. Removing language from Windows 11 language bar

Removing language from Windows 11 language bar: Hi. Recently moved to Windows 11. So far had no issues with it, except with language bar. I removed one of the languages I'm not using frequently, but after restart it showed up again. I checked keyboard settings and its absent from there, but still showing up in my language...
  10. How to remove a language from the bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a language from the bar: Hi everyone! I have actually 3 languages in my keyboard list, near the clock in the bottom-right side of the monitor. I would to remove the italian, since i never use it. How can i do it? into the option menu, i can see only 2: [ATTACH]...