Windows 10: How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

Discus and support How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ? 138451 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikinik, Aug 13, 2019.

1. nikinik Win User

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings [​IMG]

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings [​IMG]

Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ?

:)

nikinik, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Languages bar on taskbar not same with Languages setting

Hi Tom,

To assist you better regarding your concern, may we know if you have tried removing the said language from the
    Language preferences settings and Language settings from
    Control panel? If not, kindly do so by following the steps below:

• Type in the word "Language" without the quotation from the Windows search bar.
    • Choose Language preferences.
    • Choose Language settings from Control
      panel

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings f44daccc-7a00-425f-aeab-dab0bf0ca789.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

1. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings - Similar Threads - remove language language

2. Can't remove a language from the language selector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove a language from the language selector: After updating I got a problem with extra language in the language selector list. It was not there before update and now I cannot remove it. In the language configuration screen I can see only two, the one I don't need is not present, so I cannot remove it. Here is the...
  3. Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing

Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing: Hello, I have issues after latest windows update, I have language setting in control panel is missing, I can't write in search bar, I installed language before update I delete it after update and still there when I change keyboard by Alt+Shift (in powershell only 2 languages...
  4. Language Bar settings

Language Bar settings: Despite having the language bar settings set to hidden, the language bar is always displayed in the taskbar (next to the clock). Is there anyway to hide the language bar permanently? I have 2 languages installed (EN US and EN UK)....
  5. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...
  6. Language Removing

Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...
  7. Removing languages from taskbar

Removing languages from taskbar: I have installed three language keyboards but I don’t need all the languages there. Please, give me advice on how I can remove some of these languages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-languages-from-taskbar/8ee0215e-cbd8-45f3-a833-dca5354725a6
  8. How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?

How to remove ENG language bar/icon from taskbar?: I would like to remove the ENG bar/icon from the taskbar but cannot find the relevant setting. For some reason the US keyboard layout is listed even though it's not present in the control panel. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0gDJMHy.png 89288
  9. Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar: I have on the language bars redundant languages, namely: English UK and English International, although my current language settings are configured to Arabic Saudi Arabia and English US. Here is a GIF explanation of my problem. Animated GIF - Find Share on GIPHY...
  10. Remove Language in status bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Language in status bar: In status bar is present language in use: ENG or ITA etc.. In windows 7 its possible remove this and in windows 10 ? Thank Hispa 11956