Windows 10: How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen

Discus and support How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; That's my question. For security purposes I do not want my last name or email address displayed on my lock screen. How can I change this? I know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Imheya, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Imheya Win User

How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen

That's my question. For security purposes I do not want my last name or email address displayed on my lock screen. How can I change this?

I know how to change my name in the account, so please don't tell me how to do this, but tell me how to keep my personal information private by not displaying this on the login screen.

Thank you

:)

Imheya, Feb 23, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Feb 23, 2019
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 23, 2019
  4. How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen

email address on login screen

Hi Mikey,

By default, the sign in screen shows your name and email address (or username if you’re not using a Microsoft account) and whatever picture you’ve associated with your account. But Microsoft has its way on how can hide the email address on the login screen.
    Here are the steps:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options from the left side.
    • Under Privacy, go to Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen.
    • Toggle the switch to Off.

How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen f69ce258-28c5-41e1-ae1f-b0afadf1b4e4.jpg

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

PreciousLeb, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen

1. How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen - Similar Threads - Remove Last Name

2. How do I remove my name from the Windows 10 login screen without removing my name from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my name from the Windows 10 login screen without removing my name from my...: When I work from a public place, I need my name to not be displayed on my windows login screen not even my first name. So I recently changed my account name to just my initials. But it turns out my initials are now showing up as my name on all emails sent from the Windows...
  3. How do I remove my name from the Windows 10 login screen without removing my name from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my name from the Windows 10 login screen without removing my name from my...: When I work from a public place, I need my name to not be displayed on my windows login screen not even my first name. So I recently changed my account name to just my initials. But it turns out my initials are now showing up as my name on all emails sent from the Windows...
  4. How do I remove my name from the Windows 10 login screen without removing my name from my...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?: Hello,I have three accounts that appear on the login screen.They are not listed in my settings Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts, but on the bottom left of the login screen.I have followed Cannot remove account form login screen in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and...
  6. Missing email address from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing email address from login screen: I updated my desktop from 15xx to 1909 and my email address disappeared from the login screen. Also updated my laptop from 1809 to 1903 and the email address is still there. Is there some major difference between 1903 and 1909? Would like to make it disappear from my...
  7. How to remove email address from windows login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  8. How to remove email address from windows login

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove email address from windows login: Just purchased a new pc and forced to enter an email address to create new profile in latest build. Simply, how to remove (hide) your email address showing on windows start up log in screen? I have tried several fixes, so far nothing worked; many are dated. The privacy...
  9. How to remove last name from lock screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove last name from lock screen?: So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just "Sai" or just "Nikxith". I dont want my full name to be displayed on my lock screen. I tried to change it microsoft website...
  10. How to remove a user from the list on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a user from the list on the login screen: It is my interpretation of what will be required when we upgrade to 2018 creators update (1803). This update will remove the HomeGroup. I have tried to set up a method which will use windows credentials to allow access to files on a PC on the same LAN. This needs a username...