Windows 10: How to remove last name from lock screen?

Discus and support How to remove last name from lock screen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sai Nikxith, Nov 25, 2018.

1. How to remove last name from lock screen?

So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just "Sai" or just "Nikxith". I dont want my full name to be displayed on my lock screen. I tried to change it microsoft website but it says that both the first and last names are necessary. Please help me to get out of this problem.

:)

Sai Nikxith, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 25, 2018
  4. How to remove last name from lock screen?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

How to remove last name from lock screen? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

How to remove last name from lock screen?

1. How to remove last name from lock screen? - Similar Threads - remove last name

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  4. How to remove suggestions from lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove suggestions from lock screen: Whenever I open up my PC, I always get to see these tips from windows spotlight. Is there any way I could clean up this clutter? submitted by /u/AhmedKuttySpeaking [link] [comments]...
  5. lock screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen name: my lockscreen name is coming up wrong....I went through the steps to correct it but it hasn't changed on the lock screen. everywhere else it seems fine...Anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks!...
  6. Lock Screen Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Name: When the builder of my pc built it, they just programmed the pc to say GAMER when I login, and now I can't find a place to change it in the settings, or in my Microsoft account settings. Any suggestions?...
  7. How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove Last Name and Emaail Address from Login Screen: That's my question. For security purposes I do not want my last name or email address displayed on my lock screen. How can I change this? I know how to change my name in the account, so please don't tell me how to do this, but tell me how to keep my personal information...
  8. Remove advertising from lock screen

Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  9. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113
  10. How To Remove "Tap and say" From Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove "Tap and say" From Lock Screen: Hello, How do I remove the "Tap and say" feature from the Lock Screen? It would be useful on a tablet or something, yet this is my Desktop Computer and prefer the Lock Screen to be very minimal with just wallpaper images, the time & the date. Thanks [img] 60537

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows lockscreen delete surname

2. remove name lock screen