Windows 10: How to remove log in password

Discus and support How to remove log in password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ErisYumi, Jun 7, 2022.

1. ErisYumi Win User

How to remove log in password

We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account Microsoft user, and from mine Administrator account, for some reason, the only available options are to change her current password.How can a password be removed for a user? When I removed my password for my own account, it was far easier.

:)

ErisYumi, Jun 7, 2022

2. remove log in password

Hello,

Please follow these steps:

1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left corner of the desktop. Then click on netplwiz on the pop-up menu.

2. In User Accounts dialog box, uncheck the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'. Then click OK button.

3. To ensure the operation is authorized, you are required to enter and confirm your password. Enter Password and Confirm Password, then click OK button.

4. Restart your PC then you can log in without using a password.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 7, 2022
  4. How to remove log in password

How to remove password in windows 10 home basic

Hi Jerry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that password is very important securing the computer and preventing unauthorized access to the computer.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "remove password in windows 10", are you referring that you don't want to enter the password when you boot to the computer or completely removing the password for your computer?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

If you do not want to enter the password after logging in from sleep mode, I suggest you to follow the steps below to select don't require a password in the power option and check if it helps

1.Click on
    Search bar.

2. Type "Power options" without the quotes in Search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on require a password on wakeup
    option.

4. Now Click on change settings that are currently unavailable

(if the option doesn't appear refer to the next step).

5. Click on don’t require a password.

6. Click on save changes.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with removing the password in Windows 10,
    we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

How to remove log in password

1. How to remove log in password - Similar Threads - remove log password

2. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  3. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  4. remove log in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log in password: I am giving my laptop to my daughter and I want to remove my information and login password how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/23043f1f-ab4c-435f-90ab-221299af6c54
  5. remove log in password

remove log in password: how do I remove my log in password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/a0b77a09-9d98-4077-9ce3-037e0282f5ee
  6. Password log in not needed how do i remove

Password log in not needed how do i remove: I want to remove all forms of log in passwords/pins from my home PC. Its my home PC and such security is overkill to say the least. I have changed the "require password on log in" box to never, and I have unticked the relevant box in netplwiz. What else should I be doing?...
  7. How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?: Hi all, I've used Windows 10 for a few years at work. Just upgraded my Windows 7 to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 from Microsoft. I absolutely want nothing to do with this weird "log in with your Mircosoft password" nonsense. Did I miss a step or clarification where...
  8. Remove password log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742
  9. Remove password log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742
  10. remove log on password requirements.

remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...