Windows 10: How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

Discus and support How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BaronMax, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BaronMax Win User

How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc.

This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and several reset with no succes. After several forced shot down (=Power Failier) the system detected the screen again and I was able to log in to the Profile - but this time with an empty desktop (could not load the full profile, documents pictures etc.)

After another restart, I could no longer log in to the profile - It just returned to the login screen when I tried to log in.

I then created a new Profile with Admin rights and were able to copy local documents etc. from the corrupted profile to the new profile.

The new profile just need to be linked to my Microsoft Account - if someone can me remove the link to the corrupted profile.

My system: Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, Build 17134.829

***Modified title from: How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10)***

:)

BaronMax, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

'Lost' user profile after System File Cheker.

Hi,

This might happen if the profile was corrupted. We'd like to have some clarifications so we can provide a suitable solution to help you resolve the issue. Can you answer the questions below?

• Is it the local administrator account or the Microsoft account?
    • Are you logged in to your PC using the account that's missing in the laptop?
    • What account are you using to login to the laptop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that youcreate a new local administrator
    account
    that you can use to login to your laptop, as it is possible that the profile was corrupted that's why it was removed when you run the SFC scan.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft account

2. how to remove microsoft email account from account profile for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove microsoft email account from account profile for windows: I was gifted a new computer that included the windows software. It required that I set up a profile to use the device. I was prompted to set up an email account as well. I entered an email address thinking I was creating a new microsoft email account, since I did not already...
  3. how to remove microsoft email account from account profile for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove microsoft email account from account profile for windows: I was gifted a new computer that included the windows software. It required that I set up a profile to use the device. I was prompted to set up an email account as well. I entered an email address thinking I was creating a new microsoft email account, since I did not already...
  4. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  5. how to remove microsoft from my user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove microsoft from my user account: I have my user accounts set up and they show my email address which I just learned is making microsoft my account manager. I don't know how to correct this. They are part of my local user account and admin account. I want to clear out this info and have a local user account...
  6. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  7. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  8. corrupt user profile/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupt user profile/account: hi there: I like to know, when I go to clear temporary files, I freed up over 300MB of files for just using PPT. That is normal. Now, checking under accounts, it states under your family, we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on your device might...
  9. Remove Microsoft Account from User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...
  10. Recovery from corrupt user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from corrupt user profile: I normally log on to my laptop (Windows 10, 32-bit) using my Microsoft account. Just over a week ago, it developed a fault, telling me that I had entered an incorrect password. I knew this wasn't the case as I can still log on to my other computer using the same Microsoft...