Windows 10: How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

Discus and support How to remove Microsoft account from local account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SponsoredByChina, Jan 13, 2021.

1. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you just click “sign out.” Is there any way to do this or is Microsoft just locking me into data collection without my consent?

submitted by /u/SponsoredByChina
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SponsoredByChina, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

4. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

1. How to remove Microsoft account from local account? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft account

2. How to Recursively remove Microsoft account from Local Administrative account on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Recursively remove Microsoft account from Local Administrative account on Windows 11?: Hi,My Local administrative account got associated with the wrong E-mail account on windows 11. This is not my main E-mail account and I need it to be my main E-mail account because it has the office 365 subscription.I would like to dissociate this wrong E-mail with the Local...
  3. How to Recursively remove Microsoft account from Local Administrative account on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Recursively remove Microsoft account from Local Administrative account on Windows 11?: Hi,My Local administrative account got associated with the wrong E-mail account on windows 11. This is not my main E-mail account and I need it to be my main E-mail account because it has the office 365 subscription.I would like to dissociate this wrong E-mail with the Local...
  4. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  5. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account: My elderly uncle has WIN10 and was using a Microsoft Account to log in. He has long forgotten the password and I've been through the password recovery process 3 times and failed every one.I've been supporting him over the phone as I'm in another state.I want to create a new...
  6. WIN10: How to remove microsoft account and replace with local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10: I believe this problem is the same as the one described here:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account? - Microsoft CommunityHowever, I don't believe that the answers understood the problem, so I am trying again with this question. Both my PC and laptop are...
  8. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  9. How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10: I have only one Administrator account on Windows 10, created as a local account. A Microsoft account was added to the local account afterwards. Now I want to remove the Microsoft account login (not to remove the local account itself). On the Settings -> Accounts -> Email &...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040