Windows 10: How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

Discus and support How to remove Microsoft account from local account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SponsoredByChina, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM.

1. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you just click “sign out.” Is there any way to do this or is Microsoft just locking me into data collection without my consent?

submitted by /u/SponsoredByChina
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SponsoredByChina, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

3. Try3 Win User
    Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

4. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Thema:

How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

1. How to remove Microsoft account from local account? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft account

2. How to convert local account to Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to convert local account to Microsoft account?: I want to convert a local account on my PC running Windows 10 Home to Microsoft account. The system is always asking me to enter the password though I have entered my e-mail and Microsoft password. I entered the Microsoft password for the second time but The password you...
  3. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  4. How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?: I have a work pc with windows 10. There is no domain but my local account is associated with my work O365 profile. A LOT of stuff is installed and configured under my current account which is an administrator. So I cant delete my account or reinstall windows. I needed to...
  5. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  6. Removing local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing local account: When I start my windows, I am having two options to sign in, one local account and one Microsoft Hotmail account. When I went to the settings/account to remove the local account I am not able to find it. Am I missing something or is there any other way to remove the local...
  7. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10

How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10: I have only one Administrator account on Windows 10, created as a local account. A Microsoft account was added to the local account afterwards. Now I want to remove the Microsoft account login (not to remove the local account itself). On the Settings -> Accounts -> Email &...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040