Windows 10: How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?

Discus and support How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've used Windows 10 for a few years at work. Just upgraded my Windows 7 to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 from Microsoft. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kudjo24, Mar 10, 2020.

1. How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?

Hi all, I've used Windows 10 for a few years at work. Just upgraded my Windows 7 to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 from Microsoft.

I absolutely want nothing to do with this weird "log in with your Mircosoft password" nonsense. Did I miss a step or clarification where logging into to Microsoft on setup would just automatically set all my shit to Microsoft log in and passwords for some reason? I'd rather prefer the classic log on of one admin account with a custom username and password.

I did try adding an account, but obviously the account is set up as new and missing everything from Microsoft log in, and on top of it Windows won't let me delete the Microsoft account at all.

Is there some way in just the new and special "Microsoft login" to opt for a custom password instead mandatory Microsoft account password??

submitted by /u/kudjo24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kudjo24, Mar 10, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?

remove password

I suggest you start again

click start, type netplwiz and press enter

tick the box to require users to enter the password and click apply

(whilst there check in the list of users, if it shows an email address it is a microsoft account, if it shows a username it will be a local account)

check that you can log in to each account without issue.

on the account that you wish to use as the default (auto login) make sure you know the correct password then remove any windows hello (PIN, etc)

check that you are still able to log in without issue.

then set up the default login again following the guide posted earlier.

data limits will not affect the requirement to enter a password.

Martmcd, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in?

1. How to remove Microsoft email password as OS log in? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft email

2. How to remove log in password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  3. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  4. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change password and remove an email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change password and remove an email?: So I wanted to change my password today, and I pressed control + Q and searched change password, I was multiple options and I selected pin, but it said this option is currently avalible, and I clicked the grey link under it, it opend a new popup window and it had another...
  6. How to change password and remove an email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change password and remove an email?: So I wanted to change my password today, and I pressed control + Q and searched change password, I was multiple options and I selected pin, but it said this option is currently avalible, and I clicked the grey link under it, it opend a new popup window and it had another...
  7. remove log in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log in password: I am giving my laptop to my daughter and I want to remove my information and login password how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/23043f1f-ab4c-435f-90ab-221299af6c54
  8. remove log in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log in password: how do I remove my log in password in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-log-in-password/a0b77a09-9d98-4077-9ce3-037e0282f5ee
  9. Remove password log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742
  10. Remove password log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove password log in: Is there a way to remove the password log in screen when I turn on my computer? I only use my computer at home, so I don't need a password log in. 130742