Windows 10: How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.

Discus and support How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I get rid of Microsoft tips in settings app. Gort [img] 119315 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hewjr100, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.

How do I get rid of Microsoft tips in settings app.

Gort

How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app. [​IMG]

:)

Hewjr100, Oct 6, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 6, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app. - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft tips

2. Removing Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Apps: Is it safe to remove all these little Microsoft apps that I know I'll never use? Things like Microsoft To-Do, Maps, People, etc.? Any harm in uninstalling them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-microsoft-apps/d20afe4f-1900-4127-84df-2dc2d2788f88
  3. How to aviod 'tips' ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to aviod 'tips' ?: I don't know if TIPS is the correct description, but it's the red outlined 'description' that autodisplays over lower items in a file list as shown in the attachment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-aviod-tips/b01e2f8e-7468-450e-8760-93294c374640
  4. Tips App?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tips App?: I have just recently upgraded to the Windows Insider Program Latest release Fast Ring. After i downloaded and installed i wanted to know what was new, so i went looking for the Tips app but it didn't exist. Are Microsoft removing the app? Is there an alternative?...
  5. Get Started/Tips app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get Started/Tips app: where is this app ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-startedtips-app/2d52ecdc-a637-4279-ac80-8546a7fdefd8
  6. How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft offers a Get Started or Tips app which helps a new Windows user become aware of the operating system, and its features. However, this app is of no use for veteran users, and even if you uninstall, it doesn’t [...] This post How to uninstall Tips...
  7. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I am selecting to remove all settings and files, however, windows 10 installs with sync ON by default. And it's loading ALL of...
  8. "Tips" app cannot launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Tips" app cannot launch: I launched tips app,it always loading and didn't loding successful.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tipsapp-cannot-launch/b52bff4c-3e14-495b-89c2-7dbc949fe8da
  9. How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Microsoft tips in settings app.: How do I get rid of Microsoft tips in settings app. Gort [img] 119315
  10. how to remove app Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    how to remove app Microsoft Edge: I rarely use IE and regularly use Firefox and Chrome. 44928