Windows 10: How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?

Discus and support How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using the latest version of Windows (Version 1903, OS internal version 18362.356). I use right click to enter the app setting and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 晨曦星耀, Sep 22, 2019.

1. How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?

I am using the latest version of Windows (Version 1903, OS internal version 18362.356).

I use right click to enter the app setting and I can't uninstall it. This button already exists in multiple versions and will not disappear with the update.

Anyone have a solution? How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu? 6aff9f0e-7487-41b9-914a-aa68fad8b7be?upload=true.png

:)

晨曦星耀, Sep 22, 2019
  2. dm33tri Win User

Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Sep 22, 2019
  3. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 22, 2019
  4. How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?

Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu? [​IMG]

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?

1. How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu? - Similar Threads - remove resource AppName

2. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  3. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  4. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  5. Start Menu Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  6. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  7. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text: Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903. I have it on one laptop and not on the other, both updated via windows update. Are Microsoft working on fixing this? Yes I have reported it...
  8. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  9. how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????: After getting all the latest updates for Windows 10 Pro (running ver 1809 OS Build 17763.134) I noticed an additional entry under "Y" named "OTHER" and there an entry "ms-resouce:Appname/Text". How do I remove that item from the start menu???? I did do a google search and...
  10. Cannot remove "ms-resource:AppName" in Start Menu

Cannot remove "ms-resource:AppName" in Start Menu: I just updated to Version 1803 Build 17692.1004 (Insider Program, Slow "Pace"), and my Start Menu now lists an "Other" entry entitled "ms-resource:AppName" that I am not able to remove/fix. When I create another user account, the start menu for that user does NOT contain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove msresource from start

2. ms resource:appname

3. why show ms-resource:appname/text on start menu

4. how to get rid of ms-resource appname