Windows 10: how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of...

Discus and support how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of removing him from our Microsoft Family completely... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IrinaRi, Sep 16, 2018.

1. IrinaRi Win User

how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of...

how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of removing him from our Microsoft Family completely

:)

IrinaRi, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Child activity reporting

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 16, 2018
  3. How do I remove a device from a child's account in Family Settings

Question is "How to remove a DEVICE appearing under a child's account. I am also looking for answer for the same. Above reply from Microsoft only shows that question is not understood and its complexity and also user's intelligence under estimated by responder.

I figured out myself.. log on to account.microsoft.com
    with your child account
    , go to View Account (top right icon menu), and then on the top menu bar click Devices. You will see list of associated devices. Click
    Remove for the device you want to remove. In the final step, you will also get a link to "Remove account for Store", click that link and you will find the device listed there, remove it from there too.

Just to make sure that you don't see the device in "Your Devices"
    link in Devices Menu and then also in "Apps & games devices" The device should not appear in any of these links.

Hope it helps someone.

Kind Regards, Uttam

technicalArtist, Sep 16, 2018
  4. how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of...

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of... 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of...

1. how to remove my child from one device but keep him on others? I have no intention of... - Similar Threads - remove child device

2. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can i remove my child account from a Family?: I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the...
  3. how to remove a child from a family!

how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  4. how to remove a child from a family!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  5. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Child is locked out of everything, and we can't remove him from the family group

Child is locked out of everything, and we can't remove him from the family group: We have been using Microsoft Family Safety for a year or two now. It's been amazing for the most part. My son's account is set to lock him out of internet browsers and his games on our Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 desktop. He needs to request time, I grant his request for...
  7. Child is locked out of everything, and we can't remove him from the family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child is locked out of everything, and we can't remove him from the family group: We have been using Microsoft Family Safety for a year or two now. It's been amazing for the most part. My son's account is set to lock him out of internet browsers and his games on our Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 desktop. He needs to request time, I grant his request for...
  8. Child is locked out of everything, and we can't remove him from the family group

9. How can I remove a device from one drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove a device from one drive: Today around 2pm I was uploading some files to one drive when I saw a notification saying some of these files that were uploaded have been permanently deleted I was shocked because my one drive had my most important documents. I have a feeling that some other device has...
  10. Remove a device from my child's account

Remove a device from my child's account: Hi My wife and I have linked our childrens' device to our Microsoft account. We have two devices showing as connected for one child, by hovering over the "see devices" on the right hand side. We wish to remove one device but no matter what we do there is no option to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage my childs profile info

2. select manage my child’s profile info find your child then select remove consent for this child’s account. then try removing this member again.