Windows 10: How to remove my cortana login from my work PC

Discus and support How to remove my cortana login from my work PC in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to remove my personal Cortana login from my work PC but still leave it on my personal PC and phone How can I do this please? Steven... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Steven BB, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Steven BB Win User

How to remove my cortana login from my work PC

I want to remove my personal Cortana login from my work PC but still leave it on my personal PC and phone

How can I do this please?

Steven

:)

Steven BB, Dec 19, 2018

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 19, 2018
  3. janeoct22 Win User
    Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Dec 19, 2018
  4. mibaup Win User

Any working way to remove Cortana?

Is there a way to completely remove Cortana? I disabled it, but it keeps running in the background.
    I did find some suggestions to remove it, but it also removes the search and causes problems to other stuff.
    So is there a working way by now to do that?

Thanks!

mibaup, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove my cortana login from my work PC - Similar Threads - remove cortana login

2. Removing Microsoft Login from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Login from my PC: I am returning a PC to the manufacturer because it is faulty. However, the PC is linked to my Microsoft Account and requires my login details when I open it. I don't want to close my Microsoft Account, but need to remove the sign in option on the faulty PC. Any advice? I have...
  3. Removing Microsoft Login from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Microsoft Login from my PC: I am returning a PC to the manufacturer because it is faulty. However, the PC is linked to my Microsoft Account and requires my login details when I open it. I don't want to close my Microsoft Account, but need to remove the sign in option on the faulty PC. Any advice? I have...
  4. Removing Microsoft Login from my PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Work account not removing from my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work account not removing from my pc: I go to Accounts>Work or school>Click on account and then click on disconnect after that a popup come and I click on yes and then it load and after that account is still there...
  6. My Cortana not working

in Cortana
    My Cortana not working: My Cortana not working and its a new laptop. it was working fine for few days and now it says not available in Canada? week before it was ok? Please advise -Thx RD...
  7. how to remove cortana from computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove cortana from computer: how do I remove cortana from my computer. It is useless and eats cycles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-cortana-from-computer/b1f594fd-6701-4393-be6e-5d53dc3eada9
  8. I want to remove Cortana from my computer

in Cortana
    I want to remove Cortana from my computer: as above * Original title: I want to remove Cortana from my computer, don't give me advice or boring chit chat, just tell me how to remove this **** ****!...
  9. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  10. remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window: On all my pc's I now have a "get cortana for my phone" message in all the cortana action windows. How in the heck do I get rid of this? it is screwing up all my viewing habits for weather, sports score etc. Why does microsoft keep jamming all this junk in the cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete cortana from my pc

2. remove cortana from new user logon

3. how to remove login with windows cortana

4. how to remove cortona login