Windows 10: How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

Discus and support How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Way (MW) search engine (uninvited) is now on my wife's laptop. Runs Windows 10. How does she remove it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TedWilson, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TedWilson Win User

How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

My Way (MW) search engine (uninvited) is now on my wife's laptop. Runs Windows 10. How does she remove it?

:)

TedWilson, Jun 13, 2019
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

roymathers, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

1. How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - remove 'My Way'

2. How to fix Windows search engine?

in Cortana
    How to fix Windows search engine?: Windows search engine in Windows Server 2016 does not work or when it works it's slow and gives bad results. I have tried everything from the Microsoft's Windows search engine troubleshooting page, and nothing has worked. Anybody know how to solve this? I have tried even 2...
  3. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  4. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  5. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to change search engine

in Cortana
    How to change search engine: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the a**. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  7. How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?: Since i did a reinstall, yahoo has popped up, not by choice as my search engine and I want to remove it. I have trid recommendations and removed under settings but it reappears. . I use Window 10 Pro, with edge as browswer & all security and intelligence up to date. I...
  8. Windows search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  9. How to change my cortana search engine.

in Cortana
    How to change my cortana search engine.: How to change my cortana search engine. Please someone help me with this. But at the time of setup of cortana i noticed that it asked for an option to choose between chrome and microsoft edge browsers....
  10. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...