Windows 10: How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

Discus and support How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Way (MW) search engine (uninvited) is now on my wife's laptop. Runs Windows 10. How does she remove it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TedWilson, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TedWilson Win User

How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

My Way (MW) search engine (uninvited) is now on my wife's laptop. Runs Windows 10. How does she remove it?

:)

TedWilson, Jun 13, 2019
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

roymathers, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ?

1. How to remove 'My Way' search engine. Running Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - remove 'My Way'

2. How to remove an abysmal earch engine???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an abysmal earch engine???: Hi everyone, I inadvertently downloaded a browser called 'checkmyspeednow.com onto my computer, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!!! P.S.--Will resetting my desktop to its original settings solve this issue?...
  3. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  4. How to remove My way

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove My way: How to remove My Way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-way/1a4c798d-c182-4286-a128-7081a0680924
  5. How to change search engine in Safari?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change search engine in Safari?: Can anyone tell me the way to change the search engine in Safari browser??? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine-in-safari/2e3c4e62-cd3c-4891-b668-0f9a875ddeff
  6. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  7. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...
  8. How can I search my computer....is there a way on 10???

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I search my computer....is there a way on 10???: When I had 8.1 on the right of my screen I could slide out a window that had a blue background and the first box was a search box. I could type in anything I wanted and it would search my computer for me . I Loved it!!!!!! There was settings, and power options I think....
  9. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340
  10. Strange Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Search Engine: When I first go to Internet Explorer, a strange search engine <www-searching.com> fills the screen. If I click on Home it goes away and my normal Start page comes up. I have blocked the address in Yahoo mail, and in "Per site privacy actions" in Internet Tools, but it...