Windows 10: How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

Discus and support How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently decided to expand the number of columns in my start menu from the default four, but when moving tiles to the new blank right side, I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Rittman, Mar 18, 2021.

1. How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I recently decided to expand the number of columns in my start menu from the default four, but when moving tiles to the new blank right side, I find that there are fields that block the tiles from being exactly where I want to place them. When I click on these fields, the area turns blue, and I see "Name Group."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I would like to move these fields around, to act as invisible borders between the rows of tiles. Is there a way to move them? If not, can I at least remove them from the start menu? In the thumbnail, I circles those spaces where the fields are, in red.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba20, 20, 20, 1]I used to use Classic Start classic shell? not sure now; I suppose this wouldn't be a problem for that neat utility, but I'd like to do this within Windows if there is a way.[/COLOR]

How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu 4d32661f-8ffe-4223-94c7-a204dac6ab6f?upload=true.png

:)

Paul Rittman, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

1. How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu - Similar Threads - remove Name Group

2. Start Menu Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  3. Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?: The gap is kinda ugly. Anyone can help me with this? https://i.imgur.com/WEnN2Ds.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0iqvy/is_it_possible_to_remove_the_name_group_bar_in/
  4. Remove all groups from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove all groups from start menu: I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space between them. I want to use that space. But it seems impossible to have no groups or just one. Whenever I try to get all the...
  5. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935
  6. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970
  7. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303
  8. Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows The Start Menu will show shortcuts of all programs (apps) listed in All Programs (Windows 7) and All Apps (Windows 10). The Start...
  9. Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows The Start Menu will show shortcuts of all programs (apps) listed in All Programs (Windows 7), Apps screen (Windows 8), and All Apps...
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954