Windows 10: How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu

Discus and support How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question regarding a recent Windows 10 update, which introduced theme aware tiles in the Start Menu, making the tiles themselves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlosFT1, Mar 4, 2021.

1. CarlosFT1 Win User

How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu

Hello,

I have a question regarding a recent Windows 10 update, which introduced theme aware tiles in the Start Menu, making the tiles themselves transparent.

The Start Menu is already transparent, and because of the desktop background I have, having transparent tiles makes my Start Menu uncomfortable to use and visually unappealing at least to me.

How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu 78ebba2b-d77a-4c8a-957d-55add318ce3c?upload=true.jpg

I have tried to remove the transparency of the tiles, but I can't find any option to do so. And I can't remove the transparency of the Start Menu and give it a solid color either, I can only remove the transparency of the windows and taskbar.

Is there any way I can have the old solid colored tiles back? I know there are people who hated them, but I really prefer them to the transparent ones. And if that's not possible, is there any way I can change the background of the Start Menu?

Thank you

:)

CarlosFT1, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

Read more:

How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Live Tile Notifications on Start in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Live Tile Cache on Start in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Drachen Win User

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu [​IMG]

I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the right), but the background in the back of each icon reminds me heavily of a poorly designed theme.

Thanks for your responses!

Drachen, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to remove new theme aware tiles in Start Menu - Similar Threads - remove theme aware

2. How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or remove Theme Aware Tiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There have been numerous reports on support forums, particularly Windows 10 PC users, that some apps’ background on the Start Menu tile is grey in contrast to the system Dark Mode theme. This is not a bug or glitch, and in this post, we explain why and the steps you...
  3. Remove "Theme aware" tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Theme aware" tiles: My PC updated from 1803 to 2104 randomly, and the new UI changes are revolting. I want to restore the old vibrant colorful tile design to make my start menu lively again. If not, can I rollback to 1803, or even 1507?...
  4. Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles"

Why can't I get "Theme-Aware Tiles": I have hte 20H2 update but my tiles and start menu have not updated. I would very much like to have the new streamlined tiles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-theme-aware-tiles/87e40f06-2946-4018-807d-f7f7872654c7
  5. Windows 10 20h2 theme aware tiles glitch on start menu.

Windows 10 20h2 theme aware tiles glitch on start menu.: It appears that after installing the 20H2 udpate, the documents tile still shows in dark mode when currently the Light windows mode is enabled. I create a new windows profile and issue persists. Same thing is happening on another machine, but with a different folder....
  6. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  7. Theme-aware tiles just disappeared

Theme-aware tiles just disappeared: [ATTACH] Hi everyone. So I have been on the Insider program ever since its beginning, yet this is the first time I encounter this kind of problem. So back in build 20161 (released 2 weeks ago if I remember correctly) the new look in Start menu was introduced and I think it...
  8. How to remove this tiles thingy from my start menu?

How to remove this tiles thingy from my start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jiimeh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi2igw/how_to_remove_this_tiles_thingy_from_my_start_menu/
  9. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...