Windows 10: How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?

Discus and support How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello peeps, About 2 years ago I wanted to mount the USB drive at the back of my EE Smarthub Broadband Modem as a network drive so I could access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fredphoesh, Mar 3, 2021.

1. How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?

Hello peeps,
    About 2 years ago I wanted to mount the USB drive at the back of my EE Smarthub Broadband Modem as a network drive so I could access files properly, easily. I forget how I did this! I have concerns that this item is the cause of Windows Explorer and the File Open/Save requester are SOO slow when trying to make a new folder. Usually I click to make a new folder and nothing happens. Then I navigate to a different folder and back again, and there is a folder called New Folder.

Now I don't have EE Smarthub anymore, but "usb1" is still in my Quick Access menu, and if I click on it, Windows Explorer goes Not Responding for about 10 minutes, then I get this "windows cannot access \\192.168.1.254\usb1 message. Diagnosing that does not result in anything useful. I have tried to find and delete any mention of EESmarthub in my registry (found one entry). But still, I cannot Right Mouse Click on this item to try to remove or unpin it. Ideally I would like to UNMOUNT it, as it is not there!

How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access? [​IMG]

How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access? [​IMG]

Help please. Thanks, Mark.

:)

fredphoesh, Mar 3, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Pin to Quick Access on a Mapped Network Drive

If you use the Network Locations wizard to add a network location / subfolder as above, then you can right click it and pin it to your quick access list. This then works.

Microsoft, it is definitely a Windows 10 / Samba bug though as if you try to quick add from a mapped network share on a Linux based NAS (QNAP in my case) then although the item appears in the quick access list (e.g. S:\Backups) when you click on it
    nothing happens. You have to browse the mapped drive, which defeats the purpose of a quick access list!

Please fix this as soon as possible as it is really annoying!

RevelationSky, Mar 3, 2021
  4. CustomX Win User

How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?

Remove network drive from Quick Access panel

From This PC I can see all my network drives, except for one, which is listed in the Quick Access panel: 192.168.0.20

I am unable to remove it from the Quick Access panel. It's also impossible to access the network drive, as I'm not in the 192.168.0.20 network.
    How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access? 3Sajr.png

CustomX, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access?

1. How to remove non-existent mounted network drive from Quick Access? - Similar Threads - remove non existent

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  6. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  7. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove folders from Quick access - network drive moved: Hey, all! I'm trying to remove folders from appearing in my Quick access toolbar in Windows Explorer, as the network drive the folders were in have moved, and those destinations are no longer valid. Whenever I right-click to remove a folder, the system ends up clocking and I...
  9. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  10. Quick Access for Network Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access for Network Drives: I am having problem adding folders from a network drive to the Quick Access. Firstly I can only drag and drop into the QA in explorer, as right clicking option doesn't work and it only allows one folder at a time to be included. Local folders are not a problem and any number...