Windows 10: How to remove old data after a Windows reset?

Discus and support How to remove old data after a Windows reset? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just finished a Windows reset using the remove everything option and got all the drivers, settings, and software reinstalled, just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by megamcspazatron, Nov 26, 2020.

1. How to remove old data after a Windows reset?

Hi all,

I've just finished a Windows reset using the remove everything option and got all the drivers, settings, and software reinstalled, just to find out that my hard drive is half full.

How can I erase everything that's left from the previous state? Or is my only option another reset, this time with a full drive clean?

I mean, it doesn't seem logical that resetting Windows leaves you with only half the storage capacity, with the other half filled with inaccessible/undeletable junk.

Thanks.

:)

megamcspazatron, Nov 26, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

How to remove old data after a Windows reset?

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How to remove old data after a Windows reset?

1. How to remove old data after a Windows reset? - Similar Threads - remove old data

2. How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything: Hi,My laptopWindows 11 was stuck on system updates. When my kid restarts my computer, it was mistakenly factory reset with removing everything. I tried to use 'R studio' to scan, but with no luck. Only scanned out some disk system files.I understand it's hard to really...
  3. How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything: Hi,My laptopWindows 11 was stuck on system updates. When my kid restarts my computer, it was mistakenly factory reset with removing everything. I tried to use 'R studio' to scan, but with no luck. Only scanned out some disk system files.I understand it's hard to really...
  4. Can data be recovered after Windows 11 Reset This PC->Remove everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can data be recovered after Windows 11 Reset This PC->Remove everything?: Dear all,I want to dispose of my Windows 11 PC. I have implemented Reset This PC->Remove everything->Local reinstall. And PC is restored to factory setting. My question is: If someone gets the PC and reinstalls it, can he recover the data in SDD that was stored before the...
  5. Can data be recovered after Windows 11 Reset This PC->Remove everything?

Can data be recovered after Windows 11 Reset This PC->Remove everything?: Dear all,I want to dispose of my Windows 11 PC. I have implemented Reset This PC->Remove everything->Local reinstall. And PC is restored to factory setting. My question is: If someone gets the PC and reinstalls it, can he recover the data in SDD that was stored before the...
  6. how can remove old apps and reset mixer volume ?

how can remove old apps and reset mixer volume ?: Hi I guess it's mosly a general question then an audio question so i think it's the right subforum I have tried this portable softare nirsoft AppAudioConfig v1.15 , and I have seen there are lots but really lots of uninstalled apps and sandboxie apps (programs i have run...
  7. how can remove old apps and reset mixer volume ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can remove old apps and reset mixer volume ?: Hi I guess it's mosly a general question then an audio question so i think it's the right subforum I have tried this portable softare nirsoft AppAudioConfig v1.15 , and I have seen there are lots but really lots of uninstalled apps and sandboxie apps (programs i have run...
  8. Data after Windows reset

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Data after Windows reset: Hello my friends. It's about this tutorial. If I select option Remove everything would Windows delete files from partition on which Windows was installed or other partitions? 131227
  9. how to remove old network data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...
  10. how to remove old network data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...