Windows 10: How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

Discus and support How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing. Now I completed that, and have removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by IsaacFL, May 31, 2018.

1. IsaacFL Win User

How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing.

Now I completed that, and have removed the NIC to use in a server, but my Hyper-V is hosed.

I uninstalled Hyper-V and then reinstalled, but it seems to retain the old settings.

Is there a way to remove all of the old vestiges of Hyper-V so I can reinstall cleanly?

Currently now, after I install and it reboots, I get no network connectivity on the host Windows 10 Pro machine.

It won't let me install a virtual switch, cause it says it is already bound to the default virtual switch. This is before even trying to install a VM.

I would like to just do a fresh install of the Hyper-V, but it seems to retain all of the old settings. I assume there must be something in the registry that could be deleted.

:)

IsaacFL, May 31, 2018
Thema:

How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

1. How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V? - Similar Threads - remove old Hyper

2. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  3. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  4. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  5. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  6. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  7. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Audio in hyper-v

Audio in hyper-v: So how do I get my headset which is usb to work in hyper-v? 5735
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove all hyper-v settings

2. remove old hyper-v settings