Windows 10: how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live

Discus and support how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello i recieved a new mail adres from a contact of mine i send him a mail with windows 10 live mail no problem but i now see when i type the persons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bertusjan, Dec 4, 2019.

1. bertusjan Win User

how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live

hello
    i recieved a new mail adres from a contact of mine
    i send him a mail with windows 10 live mail no problem
    but i now see when i type the persons name it comes up double
    one is the person with the old mail adres and the same name with the new mail adress
    i removed this person from my contacts but the old name and adress combination keeps coming up
    it seems that live mail stores every mail send by name and adress in some kind of memmory
    how do i clear that list ?
    again i cleared the contact from my contact list in live mail windows but when i want te send a new mail even when person
    is not listed it pops up , so stragly live mail stores it somewhere and i want to delete the old mail adresses and names ever send
    please help me
    i found one solution
    Ga naar Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft
    Klik naast uw naam op het tandwielicoon en kies voor Opties.
    Klik onder Outlook aanpassen op Geavanceerde privacy-instellingen.
    Kies voor Alleen suggesties voor contactpersonen.
    Klik op Opslaan.
    but this is the correct display of live mail
    kind regards

- - - Updated - - -

i am running win 10 home version 1903

:)

bertusjan, Dec 4, 2019

2. Adresses in mail / person app

On two PC's I have problems when filling the TO field in the mail app when starting a new mail. These PC's are in no way related / sharing information.

• I get NO suggestion for some of the adresses in the people app; for most I do.

When i click the adress book icon at the end of the address field in the new mail, I see the adresses in the list and can select it.
    • I get suggestions for people who are NOT in my address book.

How can I delete thoses suggestions and how come these adresses pop up?

Colenbrander, Dec 4, 2019
  3. bobkat Win User
    win live mail problems in win 10

I may have to eventually but which program are you suggesting, live mail or win 10?

bobkat, Dec 4, 2019
  4. TedJones Win User

Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

HI,

So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?

Remove an account - Windows Help

and this
    People app help - Windows Help

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum
    doesn't help since I cant access the accounts inside the app.. Enabling onedrive or this command didn't do anything either.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All I see is this e.g. People app

how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live [​IMG]

how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live [​IMG]

By mail app just this error if i try to add any account as seen on the right picture. Its like they're burred deep inside the system and I just can't get rid of them to add them new again.

I reinstalled both apps and its still showing this list..

How can I remove these accounts?? Please help how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live :)

TedJones, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. how to remove old mail adresses linkt to same people in win 10 live - Similar Threads - remove old mail

2. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  3. how to remove old mail addresses linked to same people in win 10 live

in Browsers and Email
    how to remove old mail addresses linked to same people in win 10 live: hello i recieved a new mail adres from a contact of mine i send him a mail with windows 10 live mail no problem but i now see when i type the persons name it comes up double one is the person with the old mail adres and the same name with the new mail adress i removed this...
  4. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  5. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  6. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...
  7. Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?: HI, So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?...
  8. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  9. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...