Windows 10: how to remove old network data

Discus and support how to remove old network data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FuckyouMS, Oct 5, 2018.

1. FuckyouMS Win User

how to remove old network data

I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc.

They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties".

They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a file where this info is stored that I can access and change or delete?

Cheers!

:)

FuckyouMS, Oct 5, 2018

2. how do i remove old computers from my network?

Hello BigBoox,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Verify if you're concern is regarding Homegroup. If yes, have you tried performing the steps below to remove old computers from your network:
    • Press Windows key + E, then go to Homegroup.
    • Select your <computername> and click on "Remove <computername> from the homegroup" link.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 8, 2018
  4. how to remove old network data

delete an old network

I have an old network still showing in lists of networks how do I remove or delete it

mazetta crawford, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

how to remove old network data

1. how to remove old network data - Similar Threads - remove old network

2. Device in-on network, how to remove?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device in-on network, how to remove?: Hello,Currently not on a Windows 10 Home Edition system. Some of the terms might not be right.There is a Device in-on network, how to remove?On a system with Windows 10 HE. When I open up the User area Photos, Video, Documents, etc, on the right side of the window I scroll...
  3. How to remove a WiFi network ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a WiFi network ?: I have win10 64bit home edition fully up to dateI also have a Sagecom Fast F5364.T3 router. Some time ago I tried to connect this router with a Huawei router to potential use as an extender. Pls don't ask me why. During this process, I created another network name...
  4. How to remove a WiFi network ?

How to remove a WiFi network ?: I have win10 64bit home edition fully up to dateI also have a Sagecom Fast F5364.T3 router. Some time ago I tried to connect this router with a Huawei router to potential use as an extender. Pls don't ask me why. During this process, I created another network name...
  5. How to remove/reduce "Mail" data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove/reduce "Mail" data?: I have a laptop with a small SSD HD of 64GB. Storage Sense says I have 8GBs of "Mail" data. I would like to reduce this number. I have deleted both the Win 10 Mail and Outlook apps, but Storage Sense says I still have these 8GBs of Mail data. How do I remove/reduce this data?...
  6. How to remove old data after a Windows reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove old data after a Windows reset?: Hi all, I've just finished a Windows reset using the remove everything option and got all the drivers, settings, and software reinstalled, just to find out that my hard drive is half full. How can I erase everything that's left from the previous state? Or is my only option...
  7. remove old computers from network

remove old computers from network: Hi, I followed some suggestions about removing old computers from my network but without success. I would know the reason why windows is displaying computer names that have been deleted years ! ago. Why I'm not able to delete them? Is it available a method without resetting...
  8. how to remove name of old wifi from my network list

how to remove name of old wifi from my network list: Hi I replaced my router with a new router - however the name of the old router is still showing when i click the bottom right Internet Access Icon in Windows (it also appears on my Android mobile?! ... I have tried: Settings> Networks & Internet> WiFi> Manage Known Networks...
  9. how to remove old network data

how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...
  10. How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?

How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?: Under Settings > Network & Internet > View your network properties there are some details of some previously connected network... one of the example is bellow Name: Local Area Connection* 21 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #12 Physical address (MAC):...