Windows 10: How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel?

Discus and support How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Win10 latest desktop has a white panel in the top right corner that says, "Microphone on Camera On" or off. It is always there, cannot be dragged,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ashtangakasha, Sep 18, 2020.

1. How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel?

My Win10 latest desktop has a white panel in the top right corner that says, "Microphone on Camera On" or off. It is always there, cannot be dragged, and worst of all, it covers up the window-control buttons when an app is maximized!

How can I remove this? It remains even when I have disabled both the mic and cam, everywhere in Settings. I'd rather not disable the mic and cam, anyway -- but this panel is impossible to get rid of.

This screenshot is the top right corner of my screen. As you can see, if the window were maximized, the minimize, restore, and close buttons would all be underneath the white notification panel.

How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel? 6704bef5-f837-406b-a0b2-67a885932798?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance,

Allen

:)

Ashtangakasha, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Sep 18, 2020
  3. ElpenorG Win User
    Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

ElpenorG, Sep 18, 2020
  4. How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel?

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Hi Orangeshearts,

I would like to verify some information regarding the problem with your camera and microphone. Allow me to ask the following:

• Was your camera and microphone working before?
    • Aside from updating the drivers, what other updates or changes were performed prior to the problem?
    • Are you currently logged in as the administrator?
    • Have you set which apps can access and use your camera and microphone?

If you haven't set any apps to use your camera and microphone, then follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
    • Make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware is toggled ON.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, toggle on the apps you want to give access to.
    • Do the same for the microphone. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

If the issue persists, then please run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Click Troubleshooting > View all.
    • Search for and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please share the results on this thread for further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel?

1. How to remove on-screen microphone & camera warning panel? - Similar Threads - remove screen microphone

2. camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and microphone: on messenger my camera and microphone not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/5a46616e-bf6f-4bbe-b428-6b34de870afb
  3. camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and microphone: on messenger my camera and microphone not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/5a46616e-bf6f-4bbe-b428-6b34de870afb
  4. camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and microphone: Having trouble to access to camera and microphone Facebook can you please help me with this. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/1a8e0c08-8c65-489a-8031-3016a8c8720b
  5. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: Having trouble to access to camera and microphone Facebook can you please help me with this. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/1a8e0c08-8c65-489a-8031-3016a8c8720b
  6. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: i have tried everything in settings, unplugging, restarting and nothing works. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/6e2fe666-82c2-4273-a937-20cd02deaeef
  7. How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?: [ATTACH] When I use F4 to mute my microphone, this on-screen display appears and stays there unless I unmute. Does anyone know how to turn this off? My OS is Windows 10 Pro 18363. submitted by /u/toxic_chess [link] [comments]...
  8. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: camera and microphone not on device manager list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/7bed4d19-01a7-49c3-9ced-d85664bc0b77
  9. Camera + Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera + Microphone: Hello, I'm here with a problem. Recently I've found that when I try and record myself with my camera or voice recorder app, no sound comes out. I don't know if I'm using the right microphone output or something. I've been using an app called Discord, and when I try to use...
  10. Camera and microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera and microphone: I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record. I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did...