Windows 10: How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions

Discus and support How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CruzGonzalez1, Jul 24, 2019.

1. How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions

We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks.
    There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain.
    We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain.
    The "Other user" login option we want removed is NOT associated with any account; we disabled signing in with Microsoft accounts in group policies.

Also tried the following solutions:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...er-user-login-option-from-login-screen.20061/

Still showing 2 "Other user" login options.

:)

CruzGonzalez1, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jul 24, 2019
  4. How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions

Removing previous users OR changing default login user

Hi KaseyE,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following method and check if it works:

To remove or delete a Microsoft account, please follow these steps:

* Click Start,

* Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Family & other users.

* On the right pane click Add someone else to this PC
    under Other users.

* If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

* Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.

Once you're sign-in with new User Profile, then go to Family & other users,
    select the User Profile which you need to remove, then Click
    Remove

NOTE: It is always recommended you to keep a backup of all your data before removing the account.

To remove or delete a user account, follow the steps given below:

• Right click on the Stat button and select the Control Panel.
    • Click on the User Accounts and Click on the Manage another account link.
    • If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Click on a user account which you want to delete.
    • Click on the Delete the account link.
    • Click on Delete Files or Keep Files for what you want to do with the user account's personal files.
    • Click on Delete Account to confirm.
    • When finished, you can close the Control Panel if you like.
    Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account. You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first. Be sure to always
    have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions

1. How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions - Similar Threads - remove user login

2. how to use windows 'Other User' login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use windows 'Other User' login: Hello everyoneI have got a windows 11 home laptop is it possible to sign in with a username and password with title Other user This picture represents what I would like to use...
  3. how to use windows 'Other User' login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use windows 'Other User' login: Hello everyoneI have got a windows 11 home laptop is it possible to sign in with a username and password with title Other user This picture represents what I would like to use...
  4. Slow other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow other user login: Heed help solving this issue with a very slow other users login.My login to the desktop takes about 3-5 seconds and another 15 seconds for some programs to load, which is great however, when I switch to another user or log off and switch to another user, the login takes 30...
  5. Other user can't login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other user can't login: I restarted my HP a while ago because it was really laggy. When I tried to login, It said other user and it was incorrect. I tried to make it on safe mode but that didn't work either. Please help...
  6. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove one of the "Other user" login options: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The "Other...
  7. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  8. Other user cannot login

Other user cannot login: Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and...
  9. other user login issue

other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  10. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...