Windows 10: How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

Discus and support How to remove one of the "Other user" login options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CruzGonzalez1, Jul 25, 2019.

1. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks.
    There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain.
    We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain.
    The "Other user" login option we want removed is NOT associated with any account; we disabled signing in with Microsoft accounts in group policies.

Also tried the following solutions:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...er-user-login-option-from-login-screen.20061/

Still showing 2 "Other user" login options.

:)

CruzGonzalez1, Jul 25, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

Running netplwiz, I only show one acct (see below). Is the 'Other user' listed in Action Center/All settings/Accounts ? If so, you can remove in Admin acct or in Control Panel by:
    1. Press Windows key + X key.
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Under view, select large icons.
    4. Go to User Account.
    5. Click on Manage another account.
    6. Click on “Manage another account” and then select “Other User”.
    7. Click on “delete the account”.
    8. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 25, 2019
  4. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to remove one of the "Other user" login options 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

1. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options - Similar Threads - remove user login

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. Need to add the Other User option at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to add the Other User option at login screen: I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account. I know the image below are for a domain joined machine, but how can I achieve to show my Limited username account and one showing as Other User on the below left-hand...
  5. ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen: So this morning I have installed a new Windows 10 on a Laptop. And after Windows 10 installation, I install my O365 software to this laptop and connect my work account with this Laptop then enable Ctrl+Alt+Del Login. Then after that I reboot the Laptop, an after I press...
  6. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  7. How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove one of the "Other user" login ooptions: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The "Other...
  8. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  9. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...
  10. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?: Here's a pic of what I'm seeing at my login screen. https://goo.gl/photos/WVjueypwyHM338MV7 [img] But when I go to user account through netplwiz I see 5 accounts. Administrator Benjamin (myself) Default Account Guest HomeGroupUser$ Which one do I delete...