Windows 10: How to remove one or more default libraries

Discus and support How to remove one or more default libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to remove a default library? For example I don't want the Videos library at all, I'd like to remove it from the system. Deleting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZoltanE, Aug 1, 2015.

1. ZoltanE Win User

How to remove one or more default libraries

Is it possible to remove a default library? For example I don't want the Videos library at all, I'd like to remove it from the system. Deleting the related folder does not make it's icon disappear from the navigation panel.

EDIT: I mean it can be removed from the Libraries group but it stays listed under "This PC".

:)

ZoltanE, Aug 1, 2015
  2. 1samadams Win User

Scanning Windows libraries halts with error code: 8300300B

Restoring libraries from Explorer\RClick Libraries - Restore Default Libraries did not work

Going in via Media Player and Removing all but one folder from each library worked.

After some additioanl experimentation it appears that only the Music & Video Libraries are throwing this error when there is more than the one, default, library included.

1samadams, Aug 1, 2015
  3. How to Exclude One or More Contacts from Voice Command

No this is not possible, But the other way around it could be to open the contact you frequently call and add a voice tag to their name. Which could be anything for anybody like "sweetheart" calls your sweethaert

Or define the number you call in the voice command you give

Call "name" home or mobile or work

Johan van Mierlo, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ZoltanE Win User
    I did delete the library but it's icon under "This PC" remained. Clicking on that displayed a "device is disconnected or unavailable" sort of error message.
    I don't see that "Don't show in the navigation pane" option anywhere, only stuff like "pin to start" or "pin to Quick Access".

ZoltanE, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. ZoltanE Win User
    I can't find that option, no matter if the library is functioning or not. The context menus look quite different than in win 7:

How to remove one or more default libraries [​IMG]

ZoltanE, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

How about when you right click on the library in the main Libraries window instead?

Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  9. ZoltanE Win User
    Same as the first context menu.

ZoltanE, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  11. ZoltanE Win User
    Thanks for the help but I'm fine with having it now.

ZoltanE, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove one or more default libraries - Similar Threads - remove more default

2. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  3. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  4. Remove Libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Libraries: I just don't want Libraries. so it is just a folder in the way. How can I turn them off? I want all traces of them gone, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-libraries/94f6cb17-85dd-4b1a-8882-08e49479d416
  5. Default Library location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  6. Using libraries as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Using libraries as default: Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default settings. Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd....
  7. Changing Default Library Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...
  8. Editing the default WMP library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...
  9. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  10. How to remove Include in Library context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Include in Library context menu?: I see an article to remove the 'Include in Library' context menu item but it is for Windows 7: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...text-menu.html. Can the same registry keys be used in Windows 10? If not, how can I achieve the same in Windows 10? 23318