Windows 10: How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?

Discus and support How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Susan In Connecticut, Oct 9, 2019.

1. How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?

How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep?

:)

Susan In Connecticut, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 10: Remove the requirement of entering my password when the computer awakes from sleep

I cannot change my lock screen settings. I have tried to change the time to sleep and time to shut off and remove the requirement of entering my password when the computer awakes from sleep but the changes do not take effect. I have watched tutorials, followed
    guides and tried everything. Please help.

Original Title: Windows 10 lock screen

PastorG1965, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Remove the requirement of entering my password when the computer awakes from sleep

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried to resolve this issue?

2. Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?

3. Did you check if you are facing the same issue with different user account?

4. Did you follow the below steps to remove the password, when the computer awakes from sleep?

1. Click on start menu.

2. Select settings.

3. Click on accounts.

4. Select your sign-in options.

5. Select the “Never” option from the dropdown list in the “require sign-in” section.

If you are facing this issue with Microsoft account, you may run the Microsoft account troubleshooter to check if it helps.

You can download the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

You may also run the power troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 9, 2019
  4. REFBOOTS Win User

Windows 10 requires a password every time it awakes. How do I avoid this?

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. With Windows 10 a password is required every time my computer awakes from sleep. This is a real nuisance. How do I avoid it? I have tried the approach of Control Panel selecting do not require a password,
    but this does not work. I would appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

REFBOOTS, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove password requirement when computer awakes from sleep? - Similar Threads - remove password requirement

2. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  3. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  4. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep: my laptop is toshiba satellite c640 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dispays-a-blue-screen-when-awake-from-sleep/bc2de41b-ae23-4106-a24f-b2060d066baa
  5. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep: my laptop is toshiba satellite c640 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dispays-a-blue-screen-when-awake-from-sleep/bc2de41b-ae23-4106-a24f-b2060d066baa
  6. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  8. Awake from sleep gets distorted display -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Awake from sleep gets distorted display -: I have a lenovo T470p dual boot Win10 v2004 and Win8.1 recently created dual boot. When system awakes from sleep(reopening the laptop screen) the display is multi colors with horizontal lines. This has only started after creating the dual boot. It take several hard restarts...
  9. No ability to require a password when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    No ability to require a password when waking from sleep: I'm hoping someone else has found a resolution to a persistent problem. I have no option available anywhere to require/not require a password when waking from sleep. I have a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit computer (in fact several of them) that is kept up to date with every Windows...
  10. BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.: Hi all, After updating to Windows 10 Pro recently I get a lot of BSOD's (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). Mostly when my laptop wakes up from a well deserved moment of sleep. Also I noticed that sometimes the laptop awakens from sleep when I didn't ask it to wake up. Any help...