Windows 10: How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, I have a phantom folder (Synology Drive - Synology220 highlighted in the attachment) I need to remove on my windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SmallTownUSA, Mar 27, 2021.

1. How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro

Howdy, I have a phantom folder (Synology Drive - Synology220 highlighted in the attachment) I need to remove on my windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867). It was created somehow when I installed "Synology Drive Server" on the Synology DS220+ NAS. I believe the folder is somehow keeping me from being able to map the DS220. You can see it's location from the attached pic. I have tried to map the Synology device via the finder and by using the Synology Assistance app. I am pretty sure it is a Windows issue since I am able to map the device on another computer on the same LAN network. I have tried to remove the folder using Windows Credentials without any luck. Any suggestions? Tks.

How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

:)

SmallTownUSA, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2021
  4. tater1955 Win User

How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro

1. How to remove phantom file on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - remove phantom file

2. how to remove file ownership in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove file ownership in windows 10: in windows 10 every thing i download is showing lock sign on it. when ever i tried to made changes by removing that sign by right click > file ownership>personal but after remove and made any changes ie- rename the file, its again showing lock sign on it. after copy that...
  3. Phantom Drive that can be accessed but not removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phantom Drive that can be accessed but not removed: https://i.imgur.com/HsD1VRa.jpg I have a phantom drive (K:) that says it's my CD-ROM, but it's not. My CD-ROM (BD) is G:. clicking on the drive in explorer opens it and I can access files within it - however - all disk utilities that I have tried show no drive K at all...
  4. Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove: I changed the Bluetooth adapter on a computer recently, and some old devices showed up in Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices. They refuse to go away using remove device. I would really like to never see these non existent devices....
  5. can't remove second phantom user at login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't remove second phantom user at login: Hi All, I've got a problem I can't wrap my head around. I am giving my laptop to a young person and can't remove a phantom second user that popped up after I supposedly removed all of my info from Windows 10 ver. 2004. I have deleted the laptop from my microsoft account's...
  6. How to delete a 'phantom' account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete a 'phantom' account?: I have just commissioned a new Windows 10 pro 64 bit machine purchased from Dell. I re-installed my data from a back up and re-installed all my apps etc... I have a Windows Email sign on as per this Forum. So my new machine had one user account namely me aka my MS Email...
  7. Windows file search reveals phantom directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file search reveals phantom directory: When I search for certain files, Windows 10 shows some results for the directory C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\NewOS\Windows\Installer. When I try to delete those files, it says they cannot be found. The directory is not visible even when I uncheck the option to hide protected operating...
  8. Unable to remove a phantom monitor

Unable to remove a phantom monitor: I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4. Of course, my problem is windows is putting items on this non-existing monitor. By playing with my display settings I was able to...
  9. [WIN10] Windows 10 phantom lan connections with file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [WIN10] Windows 10 phantom lan connections with file sharing: Background: * Fresh windows 10 (1803) install using ISO direct from microsoft. * LAN configured on 10.x.x.x/24 subnet After accessing file share on a different pc (same subnet), windows will attempt to open up phantom port 445 (dest) connections to remote ip's 192.168.1.241...
  10. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...