Windows 10: How to remove pin/password login from account?

Discus and support How to remove pin/password login from account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ccollins47, Feb 27, 2022.

1. How to remove pin/password login from account?

I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to neverI just want to make it so when I open up my computer I don't have to log in why does this have to be so difficult?

:)

ccollins47, Feb 27, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 27, 2022
  3. S24_Mike Win User
    How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, Feb 27, 2022
  4. How to remove pin/password login from account?

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

LarksKatydids, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

How to remove pin/password login from account?

1. How to remove pin/password login from account? - Similar Threads - remove pin password

2. how to remove password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  3. how to remove password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  4. how to remove password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to remove pin/password login from account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove pin/password login from account?: I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to...
  6. How to remove pin/password login from account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pin/password login from account?: I want to un-password protect my computer, but all of the things I've tried have failed and every time I restart it asks me for my pin/face id.I have unchcecked "users must enter a password" in netplwiz"Require windows hello sign in" is turned off"Require Sign in" set to...
  7. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  8. Remove windows 10 login PIN and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove windows 10 login PIN and password: Hi, I am using windows 10 with details as follows. Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎24-‎05-‎2021 OS build 19043.928 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 I have tried to remove PIN from my account using procedure mentioned...
  9. How to remove login password or pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove login password or pin: How do I remove login password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-login-password-or-pin/3608d983-8be6-4757-8507-74ef53312e18
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...