Windows 10: How to remove pin permanently?

Discus and support How to remove pin permanently? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 System -We have a new laptop in our small office. I'm trying to remove the PIN required for accessing the system. I have followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shoya52, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Shoya52 Win User

How to remove pin permanently?

Windows 10 System -We have a new laptop in our small office. I'm trying to remove the PIN required for accessing the system. I have followed the directions on how to remove/reset a pin directions on the MS Windows 10 site Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon. ...Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.Click/tap on Continue.Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.Your PIN will now be removed.I have done this multiple times, but the pin remains so that every time anyone wishes to use the system they must first type in the pin. Then even if the pin

:)

Shoya52, Aug 16, 2022

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2022
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 16, 2022
  4. How to remove pin permanently?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

How to remove pin permanently?

1. How to remove pin permanently? - Similar Threads - remove pin permanently

2. How to remove PIN ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove PIN ?: Hi,I'd like to know how to remove PIN each time I open my windows 10?I've set in my REGEDIT for some reasons it comes back with PINThanksAlex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-pin/8ad9ab1d-b61f-4827-9bcd-051e1b8eb25d
  3. REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY: I purchased a new laptop and after setting it up with no option during the setup to decline a password and PIN I finally got to use it. Now Win 11 WILL NOT let me remove the password or pin requirements. I DO NOT want a password OR a pin to sign in. I simply wish to open my...
  4. REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY: I purchased a new laptop and after setting it up with no option during the setup to decline a password and PIN I finally got to use it. Now Win 11 WILL NOT let me remove the password or pin requirements. I DO NOT want a password OR a pin to sign in. I simply wish to open my...
  5. How to remove pin permanently?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove pin permanently?: Windows 10 System -We have a new laptop in our small office. I'm trying to remove the PIN required for accessing the system. I have followed the directions on how to remove/reset a pin directions on the MS Windows 10 site Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon....
  6. How to remove pin permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pin permanently?: Windows 10 System -We have a new laptop in our small office. I'm trying to remove the PIN required for accessing the system. I have followed the directions on how to remove/reset a pin directions on the MS Windows 10 site Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon....
  7. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  8. How to remove a user permanently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user permanently: I purchased my laptop about 5 years ago. I am the Administrator and only user. About 2 years ago a new user popped up, this is a person I knew but has no reason to be a User of this laptop. I keep removing them as a user but every now and then they pop up again. My main...
  9. How to remove Focus Assist permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Focus Assist permanently: Despite all my attempts at disabling Focus Assist using instructions provided by official MS and other websites, the app persists. I never use it. How can I permanently remove it, whether using Regedit or another method? FWIW, my Win10 Pro doesn't let me access Group Policies...
  10. How to remove PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove PIN: Just installed W10. How do I fix it so when I turn computer on, I don't have to enter a PIN number? 106707