Windows 10: How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Discus and support How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed a program called eXtrabuttons and then uninstalled it but it still shows in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". I did a search on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Mar 30, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar

I installed a program called eXtrabuttons and then uninstalled it but it still shows in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". I did a search on the registry and removed all references to the program (xb.exe). How do I get rid of this thing???

:)

rdwray, Mar 30, 2021
  2. zooburner Win User

Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

Hi,

I've uninstalled a few programs to replace them with others, however despite being removed the icons still appear in the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' menu.

Is there a way to remove them from this listing ?

zooburner, Mar 30, 2021
  3. 22878 Win User
    Bug where uninstalled programs aren't removed from tray icon list.

If you right-click the taskbar > taskbar settings > taskbar > select which icons appear on the taskbar - there are uninstalled programs still listed. How do you remove them from this list?

22878, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Bug where uninstalled programs aren't removed from tray icon list.

Check this tutorial - Reset Notification Area Icons in Windows 10

Eagle51, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar - Similar Threads - remove program Select

2. Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar': Hi, I've uninstalled a few programs to replace them with others, however despite being removed the icons still appear in the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' menu. Is there a way to remove them from this listing ? 175095
  3. Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list: This is a relatively minor issue, but it's bugging the hell out of me. - Did a "reset" of a lenovo laptop, Mcafee livesafe is one of the pre-installed apps. - I uninstalled Livesafe from the standard windows 10 uninstall menu. It has left behind the option to disable /...
  4. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  5. Select which icon appear on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select which icon appear on the Taskbar: I have already uninstalled an app. But option 'on/off' for that application is not removed from setting 'Select which icon appear on the Taskbar'. That should be removed after uninstallation. But still showing. Please inform me how to remove that option from Setting. All apps...
  6. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...
  7. Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR": Hi folks, First time posting here. Hopefully one of you registry whiz-kids can help me out. Basically, I know it's a little thing, but it's certainly bothered me enough to set up an account here at TenForums. I'm something of a neatness freak, y'know. So, if you go...
  8. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...
  9. Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar": My challenge is that I'm running a program that refuses to retain it's taskbar setting to always show. So, everytime I reboot, I have to go to "System\Notifications & actions\Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and find the program (it's Choicemail) and toggle on the...
  10. Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates: Hello, I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need...