Windows 10: How to remove programmed wifi disconnect

Discus and support How to remove programmed wifi disconnect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had young children ten years ago when my current desktop was set up, so I asked the tech to have the wifi auto disconnect at 10pm.The kids are now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SarBearE, May 1, 2021.

1. SarBearE Win User

How to remove programmed wifi disconnect

I had young children ten years ago when my current desktop was set up, so I asked the tech to have the wifi auto disconnect at 10pm.The kids are now old enough to do homework into the wee hours, and I would like to turn this feature off but can't figure out how to do so.The system currently opens a new window with I think it's called LinkSys and requires a secret password, which extends the wifi for another 30 minutes before dropping out again, ad infinitum.Thanks!

:)

SarBearE, May 1, 2021
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, May 1, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, May 1, 2021
  4. Novgorod Win User

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

How to remove programmed wifi disconnect [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, May 1, 2021
Thema:

1. How to remove programmed wifi disconnect - Similar Threads - remove programmed wifi

2. wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnecting: Almost every single time I open my computer,, it start to disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect again. I got this happening after a sudden eleteic cut in my home and it start going insane. I thought my home had a bad router and different things and a an bad...
  3. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  4. Wifi disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting: Hello everyone, For the past week i have been experiencing the worst wifi connection ever. It has been cutting off almost every day and then reconnecting after. But today was a different outcome, it has cut off and i am unable to connect back to it . I have ran the...
  5. WIFI disconnected

WIFI disconnected: Hello, PC running Windows 10. Suddenly the WIFI connection disconnected. I reconnected but the note said WIFI is disconnected. I have tried reconnecting several times, without result. Why? All my other digital equipment is WIFI connected without problems. Thank you. George...
  6. WIFI Disconnection

WIFI Disconnection: my window 10 laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi or when i try to connect it displays that you cant connect to this wifi.. kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnection/e0a7a6cc-24f4-420a-8453-23e7a8d30279
  7. Wifi disconnect

Wifi disconnect: Hey! I got a new pc 2 weeks ago and when I'm trying to play a game from microsoft store(i got game pass) my wifi got disconnected and I can't connect back until I restart my pc. When I'm playing a game from epicgames store(not fortnite xd) i can play it and I am not getting...
  8. wifi disconnect

wifi disconnect: my laptop disconnects from WIFI when on battery power it is OK when plugged in charging new laptop was OK first day then installed Office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnect/b3d8cf66-74bd-434d-a744-51592d4d9167
  9. WiFi disconnection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnection: Hello, I have had this problem ever since I bought my laptop 3 years ago ad windows 10 was installed on it...the WiFi keeps disconnecting for no apparent reason and today foe example I swear and not exaggerating it keeps disconnecting every minute and half, so I had to to...
  10. Wifi disconnection

Wifi disconnection: [IMG]Please help, I woke up this morning and my laptop ( windows 10 ) had disconnected from the Wi-fi . I have been trying for over 2 hours to reconnect it. Other products that don’t use windows have a great Wi-fi connection. I’m trying to switch the Wi-fi on switch over in...