Windows 10: How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools

Discus and support How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I did this on my previous laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 but can't seem to figure out how to do it on my new computer (also a Lenovo laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rsny, Jan 13, 2018.

1. rsny Win User

How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools

Hi, I did this on my previous laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 but can't seem to figure out how to do it on my new computer (also a Lenovo laptop, same line).

I want to get rid of the Quick Acccess Toolbar completely (not the favorites folder in explorer but the shortcut icons on the title bar itself). I've already removed all of the customizable options but I want that little dropdown arrow to be gone as well and can't seem to find a way to make it happen as I did last time.

I also want to disable the annoying Picture/Video/Application Tools highlighted text that appears in the middle of the title bar when you select certain picture, video or exe files.

I've employed the use of OldNewExplorer to help with the overall look, and I can't help thinking that OldNewExplorer was what got rid of the toolbar and tools text before, but maybe I'm wrong because it's not doing it on this new machine.

If anyone can let me know how this can be done, I will be eternally grateful as it's driving me absolutely insane!

:)

2. Shawn Brink, Jan 13, 2018
  3. rsny Win User
    Remove Quick Access Toolbar

I already know that. What I want to do is remove the entire thing...the little arrow included. I also want to get rid of the obnoxious tabs that show up on the title bar for certain file types (i.e. picture tools, video tools, etc.). I did both of these
    things on my previous computer and, given how frustrating it was to find an answer, I should have written it down but I didn't. So I've got no idea how to do it again. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

4. Edwin New Member

You need to also run Ribbon Disabler from winaero. Make sure you run 64X side, I think it's the reason O/NEx can't hook Explorer any more.

If you want to get rid of Title Bar icons on Paint, Notepad, Photo Viewer, etc., you'll need a little standalone called TBar Icon Blanker. (Google it, you'll find it)

How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 13, 2018
  5. rsny Win User
    The ribbon disabler did the job, thanks so much!

rsny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove Quick Access Toolbar and Picture/Video/Application Tools - Similar Threads - remove Quick Access

2. Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10: Is there any way to create a Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10? I had that toolbar in both Windows XP and Windows 7. I just got a new desktop and am trying my best to get used to this OS but I'd like to have that Quick Access toolbar back for the stuff I use the most....
  3. How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?: [ATTACH] Is there any way I can remove this? I accidentally pressed a few keys when I was trying to open my clipboard history and this showed up. I've been trying to find a fix, but to no avail. submitted by /u/lillie-senpai [link] [comments]...
  4. How Do I Remove Explorer's "Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove Explorer's "Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Hello, this question is a question concerning the customization of File Explorer by either disabling the feature within the Operating System, or by a 3rd party application. So when you open File Explorer, you have the window open to show your drives. At the top left section...
  5. Quick Access and Pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Access and Pictures: Hello, I am really confused and frustrated because I went to go to screenshot something on my pc, and it says it has been saved to my computer but when i went onto pictures, my screenshot wasn't there and instead it was on Quick Access and I don't knowhow to put my screenshot...
  6. How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar

How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar: Is there any way to increase the size (height) of the Quick Access Toolbar, so the icons will show larger? They are on the small size for my old eyes. I am meaning the Explorer toolbar under File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools as per my screenshot. I know I can expand it by...
  7. disable the Quick Access toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable the Quick Access toolbar: The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently....
  8. Quick access toolbar

Quick access toolbar: I can't retrieve anything from thequick access toolbar & any document I try to access from other places goes to the toolbar. I need those documents but they will not go up from the toolbar...
  9. How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Refer to the image [img] Thanks! 61049
  10. Quick Access Toolbar not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Toolbar not responding: I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that is presented. I previously customized it and used that a lot! It is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know of a work around...