Windows 10: How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

Discus and support How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello guys, so yesterday i installed some free apps through a software installation but it seems i am not aware that it's going to install some other... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rezaljabar, Apr 11, 2017.

1. How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

Hello guys, so yesterday i installed some free apps through a software installation but it seems i am not aware that it's going to install some other apps that i do not recognize and since then whenever i open my chrome, a search bar always appear and a random pop up ads always show up whenever i click something, they look like this

How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome [​IMG]

i am aware that this is quite popular issue after i search on google. i tried to solve this using the methods i found in internet and so far, i can't find any solution that fix this, it's really annoying

here are the solutions i've tried so far:
    1.reinstalling google chrome
    2.scan and clean it using MalwareBytes
    3.scan using my anti virus software and clean it
    4.delete all the browsing data and reset current settings
    5.use google clean up tool
    6.searching and uninstall software that is not familiar

i've had this problem before, but i remove it by resetting my pc and it worked, so far it's the only solution i had now but i have some important files and i don't have any backup storage for now, i don't want to lose my files, any ideas how to fix this mess? thank you

:)

rezaljabar, Apr 11, 2017

2. I keep getting a person typing me and asking if I have a problem with my pc

If these are not just random pop-ups on various websites (and the frequency and number suggests they are not) follow the instructions at

How to remove Adware, Pop-up Ads and Redirects from Web Browser

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 11, 2017
  3. how to uninstall the Averstising software

Is the name of it Advertise? Or is it random popup ads?

Which browser? IE? Edge? Both?

Bruce Hagen, Apr 11, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

simrick, Apr 11, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    p.s. Update your Avast, and maybe store your files in the cloud until you can buy an external hard drive.

simrick, Apr 11, 2017
  6. wow thank you so much, it's fixed for now, i've been running the browser for more than hour and no pop up so far and the search bar is gone, i hope it will always stay like this

however, is it normal though if i search something on google and then there are always the same first 3 websites that shown like this

quite confused, is this something that i should worry about?

rezaljabar, Apr 12, 2017
  7. Those look like Norton Safe Search indicators. Slightly different shape. They are likely coming from Avast.

Open chrome settings and scroll down to search. There is a option to manage search engines. You can open and review.

If not there then check Avast settings for search.

My thought is you could disable as test and then re-enable. The goal of safe search is just to weed out the known bad stuff that someone has managed to get high in search results.

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2017
  8. How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

sorry but what i meant is that the website "iqoption.com" that i've shown in screenshot is always appear whenever search something in google, what i know before that this website never show up before i install the suspicious software, and sometimes it shows in different language also which is weird. sorry for getting you the wrong idea

rezaljabar, Apr 12, 2017
  9. Not a problem, it is me rushing.

Still look in settings, if any thing mysterious delete. I would also check host file.

I would also flush DNS

ipconfig /flushdns

I know you reset chrome but did you audited installed extensions?

10. Yeaa i already try all of those but i have no luck, after 7 hours the search bar and pop up starts to popping up again, this is annoying since i have to use internet a lot, i guess im going to buy a usb, backup a few file i needed and i will reset this pc, quite sad but i got no choice, thanks for trying to help me though, really appreciate it

rezaljabar, Apr 12, 2017
  11. Update: So for other people who had a same problem as i do, for me the only solution that worked so far is to reset your computer, either you wanted to keep your personal files or reset all of it, doesn't matter, it will clean everything. so i suggest before you install any software (especially the free one) you should always carefully read the installation and don't press next too fast because you might miss something important, here are the changes after i've reset my computer

no more of that "iqoption.com" website

this is the only method i found so far that can fix this easily, if there's anyone who have another method for fixing this, don't hesitate to post it here

rezaljabar, Apr 12, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted.

simrick, Apr 12, 2017
  13. How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

Pretty nasty if it could dig in so deep that those tools wouldn't pull it out.

14. yeaa this is one of those terrible things that you really want to avoid, the problem is once its installed to your system it doesn't effect only chrome, it will effect any browser that is installed in the computer

rezaljabar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

1. How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome - Similar Threads - remove random search

2. Random popups.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random popups.: Every few minutes a popup called "QAppTray.exe" that says "C:\Program Files x86\Qustodio\qapp\Qt5Core.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains and error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  3. Random popups.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random popups.: Every few minutes a popup called "QAppTray.exe" that says "C:\Program Files x86\Qustodio\qapp\Qt5Core.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains and error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
  4. Random popups.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random RunDLL Popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random RunDLL Popup: so i have been having this random RunDLL Popup show up and i have never been able to find the cause. I have uninstalled programs, run several virus checks, and done several reboots and it keeps popping up. when first loading up my computer it shows up instantly and when i...
  6. Random RunDLL Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random RunDLL Popup: so i have been having this random RunDLL Popup show up and i have never been able to find the cause. I have uninstalled programs, run several virus checks, and done several reboots and it keeps popping up. when first loading up my computer it shows up instantly and when i...
  7. Random RunDLL Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Randomly highlighted task search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Randomly highlighted task search bar: Recently, I've encountered an issue where the search bar in the taskbar will randomly highlight itself. If you move the mouse over it, it goes away pretty quickly, but it gets really annoying to constantly be moving your mouse over it in order to get it to stop lighting up....
  9. Random cmd popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random cmd popup: Hello. I have this very weird problem where a cmd window randomly opens, then after a few seconds it closes. It doesn't do anything visually noticeable, like it doesn't minimize my currently open window or open another program or anything. It just pops up, waits a few...
  10. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...