Windows 10: How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

Discus and support How to remove recycle bin from desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015.

1. How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015

2. Temporary files shows recycle bin has 4GB in it, but actual recycle bin is empty

Hi,

When I go to the storage on my device and look under temporary files, it shows my recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. However, when I open the recycle bin there are no items in it. Also, when I choose 'empty recycle bin' in the temporary file and click remove
    files, nothing happens and it still shows the recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. Can anyone help as to how to remove these files?

Thanks

Jennifer_838, Jul 17, 2015
  3. removing recycle bin from desktop

Im on w10, cannot figure out how to remove the recycle bin from my desktop. thanks in advance

mastrchiefin, Jul 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

Right click on desktop => personalize => Themes => Desktop Icon Settings..

That should get it done.
    HTH
    Jeff

How to remove recycle bin from desktop? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Thanks man, I can not give you rep, hope thanks will suffice. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    No problem.. glad to help and a thanks is always welcome.

Take care
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove recycle bin from desktop? - Similar Threads - remove recycle bin

2. data from recycle bin got removed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data from recycle bin got removed automatically: HiThere is issue with recycle bin where its data get deleted automatically after 24 hours. I have turned off the storage sense. I have decrease the recycle bin size too. However, the data got deleted automatically within 24-48 hours. Please help to stop it...
  3. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  4. Unable to remove files from my recycling bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to remove files from my recycling bin: I'm trying to delete all of the things in my recycling bin but it would only allow me to do some of them. I highlighted everything, right clicked, then clicked on delete but nothing happens. I tried doing it individually and once again nothing. There is no error message...
  5. Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recycle Bin keeps disappearing from desktop: Since the last update every time I turn on my system the recycle bin disappears and I have to reinstall it. Today I have spent 30 minutes trying to get it reinstalled to the desktop but am not able to resurrect it. Randall Black...
  6. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  7. How to Remove Program Shortcut in Recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove Program Shortcut in Recycle bin?: [ATTACH] Hi Reddit, I'm unsure as to how or why a shortcut for Capture One will appear in the Recycle Bin, but it's rather annoying. I'd like to understand how to remove it and stop it from happening again in the future. Thanks in advance,...
  8. Recycle Bin on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  9. How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin: I am running Windows 10 Home v1803. I cannot delete folders from the recycle bin. I felt fortunate to delete them from my backup drive, but now they are stuck in the recycle bin. When I try to delete a folder (and underlying files), I get an error: "You need permission to...
  10. Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows Add or Remove Empty Recycle Bin Context Menu for Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk,...