Windows 10: How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

Discus and support How to remove recycle bin from desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015.

1. TairikuOkami Win User

How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Jennifer_838 Win User

Temporary files shows recycle bin has 4GB in it, but actual recycle bin is empty

Hi,

When I go to the storage on my device and look under temporary files, it shows my recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. However, when I open the recycle bin there are no items in it. Also, when I choose 'empty recycle bin' in the temporary file and click remove
    files, nothing happens and it still shows the recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. Can anyone help as to how to remove these files?

Thanks

Jennifer_838, Jul 17, 2015
  3. mastrchiefin Win User
    removing recycle bin from desktop

Im on w10, cannot figure out how to remove the recycle bin from my desktop. thanks in advance

mastrchiefin, Jul 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Right click on desktop => personalize => Themes => Desktop Icon Settings..

That should get it done.
    HTH
    Jeff

How to remove recycle bin from desktop? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami Win User
    Thanks man, I can not give you rep, hope thanks will suffice. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Jul 17, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    No problem.. glad to help and a thanks is always welcome.

Take care
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove recycle bin from desktop? - Similar Threads - remove recycle bin

2. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I dragged a large Zip File over the Recycle Bin to delete it. It did not vanish into the Bin, instead the Recycle Bin vanished! Dragging the Zip File away left a blank space. I checked, via Settings, to see if the box for Show Recycle Bin was checked, and it still is....
  3. Recycle Bin Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Properties: Hello, Recently I deleted some large folder. Got this message :"The folder contains items whose names are too long for the Recycle Bin." So if I want to recover the folder from the Recycle Bin, these files will be missing. Is there some way to "repair" it ? Answers will be...
  4. recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recycle bin: unable to delete a file from the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/recycle/55e1a56f-a607-4bb5-8b70-042213e971f0
  5. Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive: Ed, thanks for a good answer. I'll live with it.
  6. Corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted recycle bin: When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks. 36062
  7. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635
  8. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin: Geez... now I can't find Recycle Bin to empty it Tried, Settings>personalization>themes>Desk top icons> clicked recycle Bin, but still can't find it Hmmmmm.... 48655
  9. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin: Hello, Whenever I select "Manage" in recycle bin the top line of items in recycle bin are covered over by the "Manage" ribbon. Is there any way to make all items in "recycle bin" show below "Manage" ribbon. Thanx 87005
  10. Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin?: Here's something funny that just popped into my head. I was looking at the Recycle Bin on the Desktop, and I said to myself: let me rename it. I added 3 letters after it, now its name is: Recycle Binary HAH do you get the pun? Binary consists of every file you have in...