How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

Discus and support How to remove recycle bin from desktop? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 18, 2015.

1. TairikuOkami Win User

I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Jennifer_838 Win User

Temporary files shows recycle bin has 4GB in it, but actual recycle bin is empty

Hi,

When I go to the storage on my device and look under temporary files, it shows my recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. However, when I open the recycle bin there are no items in it. Also, when I choose 'empty recycle bin' in the temporary file and click remove
    files, nothing happens and it still shows the recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. Can anyone help as to how to remove these files?

Thanks

Jennifer_838, Jul 18, 2015
  3. mastrchiefin Win User
    removing recycle bin from desktop

Im on w10, cannot figure out how to remove the recycle bin from my desktop. thanks in advance

mastrchiefin, Jul 18, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Right click on desktop => personalize => Themes => Desktop Icon Settings..

That should get it done.
    HTH
    Jeff

[​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jul 18, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami Win User
    Thanks man, I can not give you rep, hope thanks will suffice. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Jul 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    No problem.. glad to help and a thanks is always welcome.

Take care
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 18, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
  8. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to remove recycle bin from desktop? - Similar Threads - remove recycle bin

1. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove uninstalled programs from Menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i uninstalled ImageGlass and went on to use Window Photo Viewer. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not...
  2. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. I uninstalled ImageGlass afterwards. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not only is it not there but ImageGlass...
  3. Removing pin sign in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing pin sign in windows 10: Hi folks, Just installed windows 10 64 bit and I have set up a pin to sign in, though I would now prefer to go straight to desktop from boot, to save a little time. Is this possible I wonder and if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction. Many...
  4. Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you remove 'Pin to Start' from the right-click on Recycle Bin?: Sorry if it's been asked before but couldn't find this in searching the forum - is there a registry hack to get rid of the 'Pin to Start' option when you right-click on the Recycle Bin icon on desktop? I keep clicking on this in error when going to click 'Empty recycle bin'....
  5. Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove recycle bin + from external disk drive: Ed, thanks for a good answer. I'll live with it.
  6. I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove

in Windows 10 Support
    I have inherited a Recycler folder that I cannot remove: Hi, I have created a bit of a quandary for myself; it's almost as if I have contracted a virus of my own doing. I was inspecting some files from an old flash drive and so I copied them to my "junk" drive on my desktop. However, I inadvertently included the Recycler folder...
  7. Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: Thank you very much, dude! 7299
How to remove recycle bin from desktop? solved