Windows 10: How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

Discus and support How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to remove the recycle Bin icon from the desktop, because I use "RocketDock", a small task bar similar to the desktop bar on an Apple Mac. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Willabong, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Willabong Win User

How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

I want to remove the recycle Bin icon from the desktop, because I use "RocketDock", a small task bar similar to the desktop bar on an Apple Mac. This bar has a Refuge Bin which I prefer!
    I need to maintain the function of the refuge Bin but without the desktop bin icon?
    Any advice welcome!*Smile

Using Windows 10 home on a 4 core HP laptop with 16 gig of ram.

:)

Willabong, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Aug 2, 2018
  4. How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

Recycle bin is missing in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the given steps.

• Right-click desktop and personalize.

• Choose Themes.

• Desktop Icon Settings.

• Check the "recycle bin" box.

If that doesn't help I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R and type "gpedit.msc".

• Navigate to User Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "Desktop".

• In the right pane Double-click "Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop".

• Check if it is enabled/disabled. If it is enable I suggest you to disable it and check if it helps.

Registry disclaimer

Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp?

1. How to remove Refuge Bin from Desktp? - Similar Threads - remove Refuge Bin

2. Rearranged desktp items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rearranged desktp items: I tend to keep my desktop items in clusters following a certain logic. Why is Windows 10 rearranging my desktop items every once in a while and is there a way to prevent it other than using a proper OS? I have the 'auto arrange icons' option unchecked. I see a lot of people...
  3. Rearranged desktp items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rearranged desktp items: I tend to keep my desktop items in clusters following a certain logic. Why is Windows 10 rearranging my desktop items every once in a while and is there a way to prevent it other than using a proper OS? I have the 'auto arrange icons' option unchecked. I see a lot of people...
  4. Rearranged desktp items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It is safe to remove .BIN from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is safe to remove .BIN from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT?: Lately I had some problems with file associations on .BIN file type. I was testing and I permanently removed .bin from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. I removed it too from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts but automatically it appears again....
  6. How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin: I am running Windows 10 Home v1803. I cannot delete folders from the recycle bin. I felt fortunate to delete them from my backup drive, but now they are stuck in the recycle bin. When I try to delete a folder (and underlying files), I get an error: "You need permission to...
  7. How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Remove stubborn files from the Recycle Bin: I am running Windows 10 Home v1803. I cannot delete folders from the recycle bin. I felt fortunate to delete them from my backup drive, but now they are stuck in the recycle bin. When I try to delete a folder (and underlying files), I get an error: "You need permission to...
  8. how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do you remove a user on your desktp,thanks: how do you remove a user account from desktop,thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-a-user-on-your-desktpthanks/93839470-e34f-45fe-85d5-026bdee30679"
  9. Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows Add or Remove Empty Recycle Bin Context Menu for Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk,...
  10. How to remove recycle bin from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove recycle bin from desktop?: I can not believe, I am actually asking this, but I can not find the answer. *Redface 8501