Windows 10: How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps

Discus and support How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Apps Disk D: on my PC. I cloned the disk from the original and replaced it. After rebooting Windows, all is well apart from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SQLSimon, Oct 4, 2020.

1. SQLSimon Win User

How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps

I recently upgraded my Apps Disk D: on my PC. I cloned the disk from the original and replaced it.

After rebooting Windows, all is well apart from all the Windows Store apps that were on the D: drive no longer work.
    The D:\WindowsApps folder has copied over, and all the app packages are still in there, but Windows can no longer find them.

Now I can neither run, uninstall, or reinstall any of the Apps that are on the D: drive.

I can install new apps to the D: drive from the Window Store, and can "Move" existing Windows Apps from C: to D:.

How can I fix this situation, or forcibly remove the applications to allow me re-install them?

Attempt to run app:

How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps f996be15-be07-42c9-81c6-f8ea3501942d?upload=true.png

Attempt to unistall app:

How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps f2c9b194-c539-4c0b-9327-3ce96e50764b?upload=true.png

Attempt to Reinstall fails at start of download stage:

How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps 3394faab-847b-4b8f-b27e-33dbbe5fa1b8?upload=true.png

From what I can find the issue is with the Volumes that windows thinks the app are installed on. How can you fix the volume information for a Windows App?

Can anyone help???

Simon.

:)

SQLSimon, Oct 4, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    removed apps

Hi Marianne,

One way on how to reinstall apps is by downloading it from Windows
    Store. To isolate your query about reinstalling apps, we just have a few questions:

• Are you referring to the apps that have been downloaded from Windows Store? If so, what are the apps that have been removed from your device?
    • How the apps got removed from your device?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to reinstall apps that have been downloaded from
    Windows
    Store, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Store, then press
      Enter
    • On the search bar, type in the name of the app you wish to reinstall, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Free or Buy and wait for the program to install.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 4, 2020
  4. vkob87 Win User

Accuweather corrupt and can not be removed or reinstalled on N97

I have seriously had it with this phone. I uninstalled Accuweather from my mass memory with the intension to reinstall it on the phone partition. Now the app can't be reinstalled, is still listed on my apps list but when I try to remove it the phone says
    "corrupt file" and I can't do anything. I really like this app, I can't reinstall it, I can't remove it I can't do anything!!!

I've already hard reset the phone a dozen times tonight and I can't solve this issue. Please help!!!

vkob87, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Remove / Reinstall Corrupted Windows Apps - Similar Threads - Remove Reinstall Corrupted

2. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  3. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  4. How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd: I have a company issued computer that I am trying to revive. Small company, no IT department, no management software. The employee who originally had it was disgruntled, so likely that it was poorly handled at a minimum. The computer itself is an HP Elitebook 830 G7. I have...
  5. How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd

How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd: I have a company issued computer that I am trying to revive. Small company, no IT department, no management software. The employee who originally had it was disgruntled, so likely that it was poorly handled at a minimum. The computer itself is an HP Elitebook 830 G7. I have...
  6. how to reinstall removed apps after resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall removed apps after resetting: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-removed-apps-after-resetting/a52cdb26-77f8-4bc0-b7da-6efe3f27410e
  7. reinstall removed apps

reinstall removed apps: I had a system reset and in doing so most of my apps were removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-removed-apps/f9c78e42-8649-40d1-9824-349b79d34d15
  8. App crashing and removing corrupt files

App crashing and removing corrupt files: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik, An user of Windows 10 2004 version and a dell laptop. Recently, I had one of my apps namely Dell Support assist crashing when tried to open it. The technicians suggested to do a sfc scan in cmd, and some corrupt files were found, which it was...
  9. Cannot reinstall corrupted windows store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot reinstall corrupted windows store app: Hello, I got BSOD during moving Metro Exodus game (Windows Store) to another drive. After the restart, the files were corrupted and I uninstalled the game. Since then I am not able to download the game from Windows Store. I always get "Something happened on our end"...
  10. how to reinstall Apps removed during resset

how to reinstall Apps removed during resset: how to reinstall Apps removed during resset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-reinstall-apps-removed-during-resset/750f39e2-3dc4-405b-a293-b2b6ccf397e6